This game is great, but makes the exact same mistakes as PoE, just in a different way. (Long read warning)

Good suggestion. Just remove the bleed because its an ailment.

1 Like

Oh, true. It already fits in the “Physical,” doesn’t it?

Anyway, what I see this doing is actually making room for more damage types down the road with pre-built categories to fit them in so as to minimize the catastrophic effect that would normally have on people’s existing builds. It still gives them reason to adjust them and more room for min-maxing, but makes the process manageable at the same time.

that is not counting the blessing though and those offer a different kind of grind.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a physical DoT.

I think you raised great feedback.

Only thing though, is that I’m not sure tab affinity would benefit LE that much. There simply isn’t categories of items that would work with affinity.

1 Like

I’m not saying tab affinity’s are super important, but I definitely think it would work in Last Epoch. Idols, every single armor type, base types of items would be awesome though maybe a bit excessive. Being able to have one for helmets and then one for exalted helmets, tabs for specific class relics, tabs for lab keys. It would be so cool to be able to preset all your tabs for all these specific things. Honestly I would love a stash tab affinity come with addition to a “favorite” option on items. I am so paranoid I’m gonna mess up a shift click and accidentally switch a piece of my gear off my character and then shatter it by going to fast between maps, and being able to favorite and that in itself could also be a stash tab affinity.

I also would probably add that I do think out of everything I mentioned in my original post, this would definitely be what I would consider the least important thing that I mentioned in my post, especially when not having to pay for “premium” stash tabs isn’t a thing. It’s certainly not important to the game’s raw gameplay loop, but would still be nice to see at some point down the road even if it comes after launch when there is more time freed up for less important additions.

And since you have a loot filter in the game itself already, you could maybe even make it so items that match certain rules get auto stashed in certain tabs. That would maybe be the coolest way to do it from an advanced player perspective as someone who would be willing to take the time to specify certain tabs for certain rules to make my stash sorting better.

2 Likes

indeded I realised it just yesterday. I usually play caster / minions. And when i leveled my sentinel, even with 40% block and a lot of block effectiveness, a few resistances everywhere i was getting melted… it lacked the regen.

1 Like

I mentioned in another thread that the 3 pieces I work in flat health regen and % health regen are helm, boots, gloves. All pieces of gear should have % health regen if they are a tank unless it’s a low-life ward build, but they can use Xithara’s Conundrum.

well i’m using the shields that heal me instead. I really wanna max block the character, (it also boosts the damage from my shield throw) and i want to experiments things. But yeah health regen seems strong in this game.

I play an ST Forge Guard that is a mix of melee and ranged. It uses the ST for weaker packs or pairs of big rares where it can bounce between the 2 mobs like a ping pong ball, and as a buff for the rive and shield rush. I use lunge with shield bash on the landing for the power-dive into a melee pack and rive them down with 3rd strike crit and 18% kill threshold. Pretty tanky decent damage and it’s not even properly geared. Rive is sitting at about 40k tooltip dps.

Great analysis, I really agree with you on the mob pack mechanics, I didn’t even really think about it until I read this but it does seem to be in a design where you essentially either get one hit because every projectile hit you at the same time, or you dodged and all projectiles miss This becomes more apparent in late level arena as only some builds that can obtain that kind of protection from ranged waves and push past I dunno lets say 500. Melee characters do suffer the most in this aspect, this is why you will see alot of the same types of builds murdering arena, ie EQ werebear, static/lighting mage. But theres always VK Rive.

The problem with adding so much base hp regen is that if any build has much in the way of % increased health regen they’d be unkillable outside of a oneshot.

If you had +10 flat health regen every 10 levels, your Pally would have ~10k hp regen/sec given your suggestion. That’s not even slightly reasonable. Your proposal would require a not insignificant rework of the Pally.

Poison isn’t physical, poison is poison.

There are several ways of sustaining your hp, regen, life on hit, life on block, leech.

Um, no you need to check the math again. 10 x 10 = 100 flat character sheet regen. To obtain that it only takes roughly 20-25 total flat regen on gear (helm, boots, gloves) with roughly 200% in health regen increases throughout the rest of your gear. That will get you to 200 depending on health pools and selected skills/passives.

I was about to say… then you yanked the rug out from under me… touche!

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes I realise I’m about to be stupid, then change my mind to say something stupid in a different way…

If you had ~25 flat regen plus ~200% increased regen, how did you get up to 900 on your pally? I’d assumed you had limited flat regen plus a boatload of % increased (my mistake). If you had 25 flat regen on top of the 10 base then you’d need ~2,600% increased (ie, way more flat regen) to hit 900.

Either way, upping the flat regen you get to 100 at lvl 100 would require a significant rework of the Pally given how much % increased he can get. ~700-800% increased (which is roughly want you can get if you go balls to the wall) would give you 800-900 regen, which is now confusing me given your previous post…

The 900 health regen is when I am fully buffed all the cooldowns are popped and full-cycle lasting 6 seconds. That is not hard to do. I know of build and build concepts that are over 2000 for 4 seconds. Now, whether you will ever reach those grand heights are not easy at all.

Yeah, but you’d have that 900 hp regen all the time, with your burst of up to 2-3k depending on the specifics.

Yes, true that is why I am stating do not underestimate how it works. I do not want to get into the stats of it since I am aware of your disdain of them. This is an example of out mitigating the incoming damages before they hit. As a level 48 that pally took on 3 necro immortal watchers and was three beam shot all stunned and survived with only 19% necro res. why, the regen was at about 168 flat character sheet regen per second.

Don’t like to be comparing all the time this game that is still on beta with others with 5-10 years, but ok here we go:
After played POE some thousand hours and about 400-600 to LE this is what i can say:

• Mob density - I’m so happy not having that insane amount of monster in a map. Here I can see everything, every skill every monster do, specially bosses. The size of some of em don’t use to be a problem if you know/learn their skills and if you have good layers of defenses.
    Sometimes i was oneshot against pack of monster that attack all together, but it was more of a mistake, charging too crazy instead of looking around.

• Crafting: I would love they add in the future some more variety of glyph, runes and affixes to make crafting to be harder and deeper, and for a price, controlled. For example:
    - Removing, rerolling or blocking prefixes/suffixes, but adding the appropiate inestability
    - Lot more mechanics that we can subtract from other games (diablo, poe, gd, etc.) that i’m sure the devs already know.

• Blessings: The possibility of switching blessings that you have unblocked. Not necessarily at any moment or free: it could cost a lot of gold or instability, crafting items, or even whenever you finished a monolith just choose any of your unlocked ones.

• Mastery: Any very limited form to change your mastery. it could be like we have in Diablo 2: three in total and/or a way to farm a hard recipe to let you do it.

• Defenses: I totally disagree with some comments about the difficulty to cap or the amount of resist. Is really easy to cap em all to 75, and even is not mandatory (specially poison). You have tons of layers of defenses that keep you alive: Resistances, endurance, armour (now buffed), dodge, block, life regen, life gained on hit/damage/block/whatever, flat life/ward, some passives with reduce damage taken, some legendary items mechanic.
    I’m still a noob but just capping or having high two of those layers make you practically unkillable in high instability monos and even in 250+ arenas if you know what are you doing.

Again, sorry for my english. Still learning.

3 Likes

I don’t disdain them, I’m just saying that if you increase the base regen too much (like going from 10-100) then the Pally will need some rework given how much % regen they can get. I just think that unless the Pally is changed, it would become way too tanky with that change as it would make hp regen too powerful a defensive stat & it’ll outshine all others, kinda like how Ward did before it was nerfed back in the day (you could get up to/over 100k ward if you built into it “properly”). Being able to get 100 hp regen/sec as a base without any effort would make trash virtually irrelevant and it would make builds that can get a decent amount of % regen immune to everything except oneshots.