This forum

I realize that everyone likely digs the “cool” skinned forum, but in terms of functionality I find it lacking compared to standard board software (Vbulleting, phpbb, Invision, etc.). I think that as the game progresses and the community gains momentum, that this will become more and more of a negative.

For example, the only indication of how recently a thread or subforum was replied to is at the root level. When in lower levels, there’s no visual indication as to whether it’s been hours, days, weeks, or months have passed since a thread was replied to.

There’s no way to subscribe to a particular subforum or thread and be notified when there are responses.

There’s no way to preview a post in its entirety before posting.

Please consider adopting a more robust forum software package for the game.

Thank you.

I was going to make a similar post. I lurked on the forums when they were first created and obviously this problem wasn’t anywhere near as prevalent back then. However, jumping around the forum now is a coin flip as to whether you are going into a dead thread or not.

Subscriptions to at least a thread are a must in any forum from a personal point of view

I too find the forums particularly difficult to use. Especially mobile version of the site which has even fewer features that lets you keep track of updates and responses.

Agreed. I like smf, but pretty much any forum software at all would be better.

Agreed though I must say I do like the karma. Who doesn’t like farming abitrary points? :smiley:

Hello,

Thank you for the candid feedback. We’ve been reading it and have recently made the first changes in response to what you have said. The following features are now available;

• You can now Subscribe to individual threads.
  • You can now Favourite individual threads.
  • Forum sections now show the most recent poster in each thread.

Subscriptions and favourites are, admittedly, rather similar in functionality. The intention is that subscriptions can be used more readily and favourites can be reserved for a short list of threads that are particularly memorable to you for some reason, however we are open to feedback - let us know if you consider having both redundant.

You can view threads you’ve subscribed to, or marked as favourites, at your profile. We are looking at adding additional features to the forum in the near future.

Edit: You can also subscribe to entire forum sections.

We’re planning on implementing e-mail notifications for when threads you have subscribed to are posted in, however we’ve run into a snag. Unfortunately I’m not able to offer an ETA on when this will be ready. I apologise for the delay.

We’ve been testing a private messaging feature.

It’s a bit rough at the moment, but we’d certainly be interested in any feedback you have.

I find the text to be very difficult to read with the transparent content table on top of the image background, especially considering the text can be a very similar color to the background in places.

For example:

or:

This part looks really blocky:

Especially in the extreme case of this monstrosity:

This could be reduced if the forum looked something more like this:

Additionally, when there are unread posts in a section the section should be bolded, a different color, or have some sort of symbol or marker next to it.

When looking at the list of threads in a section, the threads that have unread posts should also have a similar indicator.

The blocky sections is also a problem on mobile.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Please do keep it coming!

This is actually a really good time for us to be having this discussion. Initially I’ll be silently collecting feedback, which I can understand is potentially frustrating - but please trust me when I say that we are discussing the website internally and your feedback is being heard.

Features:

[]Unreads since last visit (entire forums)[/]

[]Emoticon bank[/]

One thing that makes this forum really hard to use is the lack of navigation once you’ve clicked into a forum and/or topic. Can we please have a bar at the top that allows us to navigate back to higher levels of the forum tree? For example, in this topic, it would look something like:

Forum > Feedback and Suggestions

[quote quote=7554]One thing that makes this forum really hard to use is the lack of navigation once you’ve clicked into a forum and/or topic. Can we please have a a bar at the top that allows us to navigate back to higher levels of the forum tree? For example, in this topic, it would look something like:

Forum > Feedback and Suggestions

[/quote]

Agree. I have mentioned this same exact point in Sarno forum thread in general.

[quote quote=7554]One thing that makes this forum really hard to use is the lack of navigation once you’ve clicked into a forum and/or topic. Can we please have a bar at the top that allows us to navigate back to higher levels of the forum tree? For example, in this topic, it would look something like:
Forum > Feedback and Suggestions[/quote]
Thanks for this! Can you please check if it’s working for you now?

We had this in previously and it should be working again now. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Thanks!

Responded to you there. :slight_smile:

Yes! It’s working now. Thanks for the speedy fix!

BBC for list elements

[list][]It
would
[
]be
[
]appreciated.

[/list]

Yeah, i want to say something too. This forum take ages to load. e.g. if i make a post or click a site number etc. Than my recend forum post just disappered, tried to repost it. nothing happens :confused: you should realy mainly focus on a working forum because thats your way to get feedback from us (this or reddit)

Thank you for the candid feedback.

We have been making incremental improvements to the website where time allows, and this is an ongoing process which we were literally discussing yesterday (haven’t mentioned it today, although it is quite early). We can’t afford to “mainly focus” on the website due to having held a KickStarter campaign where we 1) received a limited budget, and, 2) set out pretty tight deadlines for the game to reach various stages of development.

We agree that the website needs more work and we’re going to keep on improving it. I’ve spent most of the weekend working on revamping our Support Hub page, and I’m hoping to deploy the new version by early next week. I’ve also been compiling a list of changes / fixes needed for the website, and other team members are looking at that list too. We completely hear you’re feedback on this.

and it happend again :confused: i post a reply. do a edit and its lost in space. i cant even post it again. cant change some things. i just cant reply anymore on the same topic…