The Twisted Roots Shaman

Introducing the Twisted Roots Shaman!

Build Concept
This build uses not 1, not 2, but 3 skills as “main” DPS. Odd, I know. But it works pretty well so far.

Links
Build: Shaman, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.2i) - Last Epoch Build Planner
Gameplay videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR6g54GjuC8&list=PL73IkP7180ZAhgBfWkRVkiol7LtEFn9lj&index=1&ab_channel=RPGamer

Skills
Tornado, Ice Thorns, Entangling Roots, Fury Leap, Swipe

Playstyle
The Tornado and Ice Thorns are good enough for packs for the most part. Entangling Roots is not just DPS but also Healing, so drop one if you anticipate a harder than normal pack, and certainly keep it up on bosses.
Fury Leap is set up to drop Vines on arrival which are nice as a distraction and a tiny bit of extra DPS. Also good if you’re kiting mobs in a Mono to peel them off of you.
Swipe is not a main skill. It is set up for a little mana regen, and has Culling to finish off high health mobs/bosses early. That’s really all its good for, don’t try to DPS with it. :slight_smile:

Loot Filter
I am not sure how most people set theirs up, but I only really set my filters for Prefixes of each item, and then I play around with the Suffixes (mostly because they are resists, and I don’t care which resist is on which item, just that I have enough).
Focus on Physical Damage, Spell Damage and Damage over Time. I also put a bit of Mana Regen on gear because I don’t want to have to Swipe all the time. This is QOL though, and not technically necessary.
Unique Boots and Chest are, imho, a must. The Relic is common, but you don’t need it.

Feedback and suggestions always welcome!

Completed the normal timeline and now starting empowered monos.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.