The time rift / Worm hole cinematic/animation (question and feedback)

The question came up in chat today if it was an actual load screen, or if the loading for the next zone/map began after the cinematic.

Also, I know by looking at old/locked posts the discussion has come up about being able to disable/toggle them on or off.
I would love that. I know it plays strongly into the “time travel theme” but I hate it. I know I can just close my eyes (and I do). Lotus halls are the worst. I find having to endure 4 wormhole cinematics in such a short time is pretty tedious. Shortly after that, you’re in the end of time and have to wormhole into the realm of the forgotten, and out of the realm of the forgotten, then you have to click on the forgotten night to activate the NPC that provides the rift for the imperial era and …“you’re a worm hole’n again”.

Has anyone accidentally hit the wormhole to the realm of the forgotten in an attempt to click on the forgotten knight and sent themselves back into the realm of the forgotten? I have. Good times those.

If its NOT a load screen, could it not be sped it up? Literally make it a 2 second worm hole sequence that plays more like a “ZAP!” to another epoch and make it less of a hypnosis session?

Oh, before I hit “Create Topic” I am thankful that the decision was made some time ago to darken the sequence. I found it much too bright, I could feel my retinas roasting.

Unfortunately it’s not a load screen since it plays before the load screen appears (which will be more obvious if you have a slower HDD/SSD). IMO it’d be nice (I know some don’t like it & a smaller some find it actively painful) if it were the loading screen.

Might it be more interesting if it were a 3d thing your character went down rather than just an animated not-loading screen?

So basically, the wormhole is just an un-skippable cut-scene that doesn’t even serve the purpose of masking the load time for the next zone.

We are allowed to skip the character creation opening cut scenes by “pressing any key” and that cut scene actually tells a story.

I’d be happy if we could “hit any key to skip” the moment that worm hole came up to skip it as well.

That is all I’d ask for.

This genre lends itself to repetition. We’re all playing the same game over, and over, and over (and over again). In my opinion, cutting out superfluous cut scenes like this or at least giving the option to by-pass them would do more good than harm.

4 Likes

Yup. It’s a nice touch for the first time or two, but it does get old…

They should either visually upgrade the unskippable wormhole effect by a lot or maybe replace it with a good looking loading splash screen which gives you some general non-spoiler informations about the next zone that comes. Give it some 3d elements to make it look more fancy like some rotating 3d models of ingame weapons/armors/monsters etc Skyrim style.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.