The ShatterKing Spellblade Updated (And more powerful) 0.8.2F

Yeah thats it! I may have been a little off ha

1 more question please. Why Teleport vs Surge.

You can swap them if you like, but the defense resist + elemental damage + mirror images is nice.

Great build as usual, Boardman.

I was using surge for a long long time and decided to switch back to teleport after reading this guide. I think teleport is better. You dont have to worry about using up your firebrand stacks and the mirror images really help defensively. I only take Unexpected Copy and not Decoy Position because it is more than enough from preventing you from getting blown up when you TP into a group of mobs. Decoy Position is probably good but I wanted the points for Wormhole.

For Firebrand, since itā€™s not the main damage dealer, I dont have points in Searing Brand. Also, Iā€™ve had no problem keeping stacks up so I only have 3 points in Undying Fire and therefore none in Everflames. Pyroshielding is an absolute insane amount of ward so Ive maxed that instead. I put the other two points in Insulation.

On Shattering Strike I have Cold Presence over Icy Flow. Both are probably fine. Getting Cold Presence probably just means more firebrands between each Strike but its been working for me.

My passives are way different. I went for a lot of the ward retention and generating nodes. This is probably all just preference. My only hard disagree is with Knowledge of Destruction ā€“ Youā€™re getting 100% crit from Firebrand and 240% Crit Multiplier from Cold Steel in Shattering Strikeā€™s tree so I think those 10 pts can go elsewhere.

For Items: You can also craft a Crystal Sword that will increase your damage a ton. I have one with Cold Damage + Aspd and it added a ton of damage. Youll always want one Shattered Lance for that Deicide buff, though. I also dropped every unique other than the lance. On body armour you can get +skills to shattering strike. I also felt like I was dangerously low a lot with the hp to ward uniquesā€¦ but maybe because I didnt focus max hp like you did.

One thing I noticed you did, and Iā€™m glad you did, is dex stacking. I donā€™t think people realize that 1 dex = +1 melee cold & +4% inc damage for shattering strike and itā€™s a HUGE dmg boost.

My build

EDIT: Actually been thinking a bit about Cold Presence vs Icy Flow. Cold Presence is probably only useful on the first hit of 3 Shatter Strikes per castā€¦ except maybe on bosses. Im going to try Icy Flow for awhile and see how it goes. It should help with mana issues.

Hi, What does last steps of the living do if you already have Exanguinous?

They stack, so you loose more current hp & gain a much larger amount of the missing hp as ward/sec.

1 Like

Thanks so much didnā€™t realise that at all was really confused about having both items. Does Last steps of the living drop anywhere or do I have to farm for it at a particular boss?

Itā€™s a (rare-ish, 15% chance) drop from the quest echo boss in Blood, Frost & Death monolith.

1 Like

Is the shred cold resistance blessing any good for shatter strike?

Shatter Strike does cold damage, so yes.

Though I am curious as to why Boardman picked the Rune Quill (elemental DoT) rather than the Elder Eye (cold damage, chill chance & freeze rate multi), Scrying Eye (elemental crit multi, though you get quite a bit already from the Cold Steel node so this probably isnā€™t worth it) or the Warding Tome (mana spent gained as ward).

1 Like

Sometimes rng doesmt give me exactly what i want

Do you not have phones gambling?

Gambler is boring. I try to do most the gearing now live On stream just running echoes

Thank you so much for taking the time to create all the content you do. As a new player it is extremely helpful! I went in head first and made a few characters on my own but once I got further in, something just wasnā€™t quite right. Following your guides and learning more of the synergies that you implement has helped me so much. Thank you again for all your time and dedication to Last Epoch!

Question please? would transient rest boots be suitable for this build if I didnā€™t have the other? Thanks!

You Can wear those for sure. Loss of damage compared to frost boots but still viable :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for all your guides and your quick responseā€¦ hubby and I have great fun streaming your builds and comparing toonsā€¦ hunting as wellā€¦ salute!

1 Like

Glad your enjoying them!

Hi, nice build ! I think there is something wrong in the filter, itā€™s showing shock/spell damage idols

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.