The same affix value on the same unique, on two different items, has two different outcomes

Generally, you should include:
What went wrong?

Detonating Arrow costs 8 mana. I have 2 Jelkhor’s Blast Knives that have “-4 Mana Cost for Detonating Arrow”. Upon equipping both, Detonating Arrow says it costs 1 mana. Upon further investigation, equipping and unequipping the daggers reduces the mana cost by 4 and by 3 alternatingly. For instance: equipping the Jelkhor’s with 2 legendary potential, the tooltip shows a mana reduction by 3. If I equip the Jelkhor’s with 0 legendary potential afterward, the tooltip shows it costing 5 mana (still reduced by 3). If I unequip and reequip that Jelkhor’s with 0 legendary potentital, the tooltip shows it costing 4 mana (now reduced by 4). If I unequip the Jelkhor’s with 0 legendary potential and equip the Jelkhor’s with 2 legendary potential, the tooltip says Detonating Arrow costs 4 mana. If I uneqeuip and reequip the Jelkhor’s with 2 legendary potential, the tooltip then shows it costing 5 mana.

[Log File]
Can be provided if necessary.

Screenshots (via a site like imgur) or video, if applicable
Here are several videos showing the change in tooltip when equipping the particular items. https://imgur.com/a/aKqmo19
And the other videos show the corresponding mana cost in relation to the tooltip.

Addendum: Unfortunately I can’t manipulate a state of -4/-4 when trying to dual wield (which is what I was originally trying to do). And dual wielding always comes out to -7 :\

More2: The original daggers I did this test with were made through using Rune of Ascendance(s). I ended up farming another dagger, interestingly with the stats of -4 mana reduction for DA and 2 legendary potential, and it worked as expected :))))

Thanks!

I am having the same issue with my dual wielding rogue using two Jelkhor’s Blast Knives. Both have -4 mana cost for detonating arrow. I have a third one that has -5 mana cost and if I use that one with one of the -4 mana cost daggers it then shows a 0 mana cost. So with two -4 mana cost daggers I am getting -7 instead of -8. So because of this I do not believe the Sapping Strikes Passive Node will trigger (it depends on 0 mana cost to work)

Hey there…

I am not a dev so I am guessing here, but this is most likely the old issue with Rounding of values on Unique items. It has happened before with others where the Unique will show a rounded figure - i.e. -4 mana but the figure may be 3.5 and the game then uses the actual figure in the calculation for the mana so its only reducing mana by 3.5 and the skill is showing its zero but its actually 0.4 etc. WIth multiple items you see two items with -4 but the one is perhaps 3.49 and the other is 4.0 and the calcs and display values are bring rounded differently.

The same thing happened with Hakar's Phoenix - Unique Eagle Wing - One-Handed Axe - Last Epoch Item Database - Cannot recall if this was fixed tho…

Interesting, I did not know about that being an issue with other items in earlier builds of the game.

So if that is the case, then in this instance, I will need to look at a different route for getting more leech then using Sapping Strikes.

yeah. its a bit annoying in some instances when -4 plus -4 should be -8 and give you zero mana cost but I dont recall any devs mentioning they have resolved the issue “generally” across the game.

I have had it happen with +# skill point affixes too - the uniques say you are getting +3 in total across all your gear, but end up getting +2 instead because of rounding.

I have found its usually best to overcompensate whereever possible to make 100% sure… I.e. get a little extra somewhere else to negate any rounding problems.

but they really should fix this kind of thing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.