‘The Ruined Temple’ quest bug in .9 MP

After further checking, it looks like i had a completely different issue. It seems like, I was on my friends party who was lvl 28 and on that quest. For some reason, his quest was showing up for me. But then my other friend didnt have it showing up for him.

I think The Ruined Temple quest is not meant to appear on low level characters we were both lvl 8 and my friend was lvl 28. So, I don’t think there was a glitch at all on my end.

To make sure I understand, did a Level 28 Character join your party and your zone while you were in the very early game and this caused your Quest Objectives to update to show the Level 28 Character’s quests?

Did both Players attempt to activate the bridge pieces at the end of the zone and the interactions didn’t properly work?

Sorry for the late response, but yes this is what happened. It was a little confusing, unfortunately I didnt take a screenshot at the time cause it looked fine for me. But it looked problematic for my friend.
Scenario, I started playing for the first time. played a little bit then my friend joined my party (lvl 28), I got to like lvl 8. my 3rd friend created a new account and started playing. We joined his party. So in our party we have a lvl 28, lvl 8, and lvl 1. When we got to the first major checkpoint, where we touched the crystal and transported to the next area; I had a quest showing “The Ruined Temple”, it was telling me to go basically to the “Sanctum Bastille”. I believe we were just at the Ulatri Cliffs. My 3rd friend who started later, wanted to do a quest check and he didnt have that quest showing up. But Both my lvl 28 friend and I did. So my 3rd friend thought he was bugged cause he didn’t touch the crystal and I did. So I thought it could be fixed by teleporting back to the start of the game and then re-doing the first boss fight to touch the crystal. But that wasn’t the option and that was my early complaint on the post. After him doing research he realized that quest doesn’t actually show up until later. For me, even though the quest was appearing earlier than intended, I had no issues with the campaign at all.

The question about the both players attempting to activate the bridge, I was the one who touched it and we all were transported to the Ulatri Cliffs I believe.

Let me know if you have other questions. But hope this helps in troubleshooting.

This bug just happened to me and my friends. We’ve tried everything to fix the bug and can’t. We just cant clikc on the pedestals to summon the bridge. It seems to have bricked our run…

Gotcha, I’ll pass this along as ideally a Player that’s later on in the campaign joining others shouldn’t affect Quest States. I imagine there’s something strangely unique about this quest or quests similar to it that’s causing this. Thanks for the update!

Solo playing online on Ruined Temple quest and I can not move forward in progression. I am unable to interact (Left or Right bridge controls)

@HybridLyte - Figured I’d contribute here as well. Have an extremely similar bug playing offline solo.

To reproduce:

1. Access first broken part switch, where it opens a gate to the old era.
  2. Enter old era, but TP back to hub
  3. Return through Portal, to find that the ‘switch’ in the old era is no longer an actionable icon
  4. Return to menu
  5. Log back into character, and proceed through Ruined Temple again to the first broken item
  6. Head back through the gate to the old era, and the icon for the quest part will be actionable. This will trigger the quest to register two parts as having been received, and immediately forward the quest to the ‘fix the two bridge switches’ objective.
  7. Progress to the bridge triggers, where both will be doing the ring highlighting UI feature, but only one will appear actionable. Neither will be clickable, and you cannot progress further.

Logging out, shutting the game, doesn’t matter. You can no longer proceed past this point. Both bridge controls will remain inoperable and the quest still registers as ‘return the two parts to the bridge’. Basically it’s a total block on progression.

In short, seems like there is a bug in the trigger for the bridge parts that will double register a part being collected via one state path, but does not register it fully for the necessary completion states to progress. Appears that is able to be hit via a few different vectors which renders the quest unable to be completed.

1 Like

A very similar sequence of events led to me being blocked as well.

Appeared to be stuck in the old era, so I teleported back to the hub. Not sure if I had obtained quest component before doing so. Didn’t log out before teleporting back again to Ruined Temple - question objectives were both pointing towards bridge. End result is the same. Can’t proceed.

sadly the same happend to me just now and i’m also stuck now :frowning:

@Sockeye1 @timo-su I had this same issue and was worried I was going to have to restart my character but if you ignore the quest telling you to go to the bridge and just go to the second shard then the bridge will become unblocked.

To reproduce:

1. go to western shard and enter old era.
  2. tp back to town while in old era.
  3. tp back to shard at this point the switch is no longer usable.
  4. restarted the game and went to the western shard once more.
  5. At this point the quest told me to go back to the bridge and repair it but nothing happened at the bridge.

The fix:

1. ignore the quest telling you to go the bridge.
  2. Head to the shard that was not collected in my case the eastern one.
  3. at this point I was able to interact with the other switch and head back to the bridge and it allowed me to repair the bridge and continue my progress.

Hope this helps with anyone else having this issue.

Thanks for the updated report! We’ve got this logged internally.

1 Like

@Mef1 big thanks, i can confirm your fix works. for me it was also the eastern shard that was missing.

1 Like

I’m running into this bug too :frowning:

@Mef1 - could you clarify what you mean by heading to the eastern shard? I’ve cleared the whole ruined temple map, not seeing any other options.

I ran into this problem too on my first character.

I attempted the fix @Mef1 suggested, but no success. Left shard is available when I go back to the left shard.

1. I can click it.
  2. Portal to other dimension opens
  3. I click on portal
  4. Animation screen
  5. I appear back on the map where I started.

I tested this yesterday. Might have forgotten some test steps.

Right shard I cannot find anymore.

@Nabzig who/where was the quest giver? Are you referring to an NPC or something else?

@HybridLyte any help here would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the left shard. Edited the message.

If you’re using the return portal to re-enter the zone and noticing the issue and haven’t yet attempted completely leaving the zone, waiting for a moment, and then re-entering the zone through the normal transition I would give that a try.

If you’ve seen it in both cases, I’ll add that second repro to our internal tracker.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.