The Game Freezes

Spec:

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
  • Corsair 16GB 3000Mhz
  • GTX1080Ti OC

At the beginning of the game there were no problems.
But then it started to freeze after playing for a short time.
I tried everything, updates are fine, windows are fine, drivers are fine.
Here is the log file, I don’t know if anyone who is better at it can see any errors.
Player.log (3.9 MB)

If someone could give me some ideas, that would be great.
Because this way the game is specifically unenjoyable.
Thanks.

To provide the devs more data to diagnose the issue, Please reply and upload your graphics ini file and a dxdiag report (links at bottom).

In the meantime, try:

DxDiag.txt (109.7 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (497 Bytes)

FYI the community team posted in Discord fhat there appears to be a known issue with Ryzen CPU and Nvidia GPU. Message below:

There is a known issues with players that use Ryzen Chips and Nvidia cards - only seems to have turned up since the latest Nvidia driver update 531.41 - it might be worth submitting a ticket to our Support team to let them know your specs and the issues :slightly_smiling_face:

You can do that here : https://support.lastepoch.com

Source - Discord

Player.log (1.5 MB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (497 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (109.8 KB)

Beta 0.9h in the update, after I tried several things, the game became good and I could play it without freezing.

Beta 0.9i after updating, after several hours of playing, the freezes appeared again.

I don’t know if the update is to blame, but it annoys me that it finally got better, then it happens again.

1 Like

just to put in my 2 cents in this.

i’m also having the same issue and the timing seems the same (0.9i patch)

I am having the same issue though, however for me when playing on my other character I don’t seem to freeze and only been freezing when I made a new character and started using the smite skill for sentinel class.

I cant run more than 1 maybe 2 echos until i freeze or lag out. Game is unplayable for me at the moment. The list of stuff that you need to try and diagnose it is pretty long. Whos going to take the time to do the 9 thing you listed above? @ Psychodrive.

Most people wont they will just move on and play another game like im going to have to do. Too bad, this is a really fun game to play when it works.

1 Like

I went through quite a few options, but the game lasted a few hours and the freezes came again.

The whole machine had a death freeze, the game runs at 1FPS and the machine does not respond to anything, only the restart button.

There is the one when it freezes and the game closes with a Crash Report window.
I’m totally at a loss because no game has ever produced anything like this.

I basically gave in, I play with it, if it freezes, I restart it and continue.
Because the game itself is very good, only this error has not been solved yet.

Yeah, the crashing/freezing started happening in 0.9i2 patch! I have done all the common solutions like verifying the steam files, making sure my overlays in discord and steam weren’t enabled. I even restarted my pc and still the game just freezes , and I’m forced to end the task in the windows task manager.

I’m experiencing the same issue here are my files

le_graphicsmanager.ini (482 Bytes)
Player.log (254.9 KB)
Player-prev.log (36.2 KB)
DxDiag.txt (114.8 KB)

We also, 4 of us have been playing this week it has gotten bad. Basically unplayable. We are all 4 not going to upload the information you guys are requesting. I may go through those steps later, but it is asking a bit much of people tbh. I see plenty of people already have. You should be able to see in your logs loads of people having the same issues. Issues started big time with your most recent patch.

1 Like

I still can’t even play! tried today and in 5 minutes the game froze on me! are the devs even aware of this issue players are having. This is ridiculous

You’re right, I was freezing a ton on my forge guard when I was actively using Smite (not immediately on using Smite, but if I used smite at all within 10 minutes I’d freeze, often right at a boss).

I removed Smite from my bars and I didnt freeze at all. Devs you may want to look into Smite.

Well the game still freezing! was hoping the new patch would help…I even dropped lunge and switch to shield bash, and it froze. I think all movement skills are broken on the sentinel.

I’m going to play something else, I can’t handle the game freezing every 5 to 10 minutes. NOT FUN

Strange, I have shield bash on my setup, having no issues with it. Shield rush (as my movement skill) works as well. Its only been Smite so far that i’ve changed out that freezes me. Hope your issue gets resolved soon!

This doesn’t seem to be affecting everybody. But I have the same issue here.

This has been ever since patch 0.9h in my case.

I tried my best to deal with the game freezes. But they are so frequent, it became intolerable.

So now I am just on a sabbatical from playing any more Last Epoch & I am just playing Path of Exile until LE gets fixed.

Thats werid because Lunge, Shield Rush perma freezes me, and smite doesn’t.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.