The correct approach to looting in endgame

I implore you to implement “Increased Quality of drops” along with increased drop rate in endless end-game activities. The reasoning behind this and elaboration:

Just to give an example; first 15 waves of monolith should drop items with tier 1-5 affixes, 15+ waves range is 2-5 tier, 20+ waves is 3-4 tier, 25+ waves is 4-5 tier, 35+ waves is 5 tier only. Something similar with arena.

Now as to why:

• Obviously first of all, it gives incentive to actually try to reach high levels besides leaderboards.
  • Secondly, even with guranteed 5 tier affixes you are not guaranteed an item that matches your build, so you still have to grind for a god-roll.
  • Thirdly, as you noticed, the top tier of the range does not change, even on the first wave you still have a chance to drop a 5-tier, so even shorter sessions can award players with good drops (and ofc uniques).
  • Last but not least, it feels rewarding. Which i believe it is the most important aspect of grinding, its utterly frustrating spending an hour or more on a mission and end up with absolute trash or unnecessary items.

The exact balancing of the upgraded rarity rate is up to you (the devs), but the general idea is solid i believe. Its the exact same model Division 2 uses, which makes harder runs provide with more items, but more importantly higher quality items.

I tend to agree. But how much more quantity and quality is a matter of delicate balance to ensure a healthy economy (when trading eventually comes around).

1 Like

I disagree with how it’s suggested at the moment, since you could take your lvl 20+ character that’s just got to the End of Time & jump into an arena (after doing some monoliths to get a key, obviously) then after ~10-20 mins you’d be getting tier 5 affixes drop. Well before you’re able to use them…

If they capped the tier that could drop based on the character level & when those tier affixes would normally drop, that would be ok (so you’d have to be above wave 35 and above level 50/60 or whenever they start to drop).

I’d also double or tripple (or more) those wave numbers since they’re pretty low to get only items with tier 5 affixes.

Right. I assume that would/should be the case.

yeah, i didnt get into the logistics of the implementation, i just wanted to point out the bigger pricture of the apporach

I have to admit that I can’t actally judge the quality of drops. I don’t look at every item that drops. Everything that is blue I dont take a look at. Even yellows I just rush over. I don’t want to know how many very good items I missed so far :sweat_smile:.

Because when I start to look carefully I tend to collect dozens of items with good stats just for the possibility I could perhaps need them on another char with a specific build. This way a mono run would take 15 minutes…

Lootfilter is the key. I will judge when I’ve done some runs with it.

1 Like

This will indeed have a huge impact on the time you need to improve your gear.

Yup. Can’t wait.

Yes, it’s very difficult to see anything with the current situation if you don’t take time to look at every item (even if i do it).
As said above, the lootfilter will give us a better and smoother insight regarding the loots (and maybe brings some people back too).

However, i agree with @Maradeus on the tier restrictions (with @Llama8 idea) .
We can even change the probabilites of affixes values (the range on some affixes is huge, ) for very high-tier MoF (you should be in min-max situation then).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.