The Convergence Update - Beta 0.9 Patch Notes

It’s go time!

Who ever assembled the patch notes deserves a raise or at least a pat on the back!

Hi.
Is in-game pause planned for the offline mode? It would be great

3 Likes

Now I wait for the “EHG wastes a lot of time only working on MP duh!” crowd :). Looks like EHG worked on a bit more then only MP :D.

1 Like

Yes! Can’t wait to play Beastmaster again Stormcrow Tele sounds promising good job EHG

Does .9 address the issues with items? Where people were able to completely degear their characters and still obliterate end game content? Specifically talking about this video - Last Epoch´s BIGGEST PROBLEM - YouTube

I’ve seen the devs talk about it on stream before and they address that they know this is a problem. But I don’t see any massive changes to item mods in .9 that address this problem?
So is this still going to be an issue with .9?

2 Likes

Ugh I can’t believe you guys posted this in the streamer only forum! :wink:

I’m seeing some potentially neat things in here that make me excited to start derping around with my heretofore woefully unsuccessful Bleed Lich concepts again. Will this be the time it actually works?!

1 Like

Was there ever a fix for those who have had hard crashes or otherwise when certain void effects are on the screen? I see reports going back to 2020 for crashes that seem to still happen for some? Idol of Loathing I’ve seen mentioned more than once, and my friend can’t progress past that because he completely freezes up EVERY time halfway through the fight… and he has to hard reboot every time, and has never been able to get error logs, and thus cant send them in. (W10, latest drivers, GTX960)

Thanks! It may have been an overload of the page for the links as well with so many ppl reading it, they are working now.

Honestly makes sense, it lost the more fire% rolls sure, but its damage was changed to pure fire, and weapons got changed from melee phys to melee overall. That change makes sense to be honest. Its damage is fine.

1 Like

Took a long time to notice, because no one was using chaining hammers, and now nerfed damage by 1/3 …

RIP bee paladin, for the sake of multiplayer balance

I guess this is the real reason we don’t have DPS meter

Isn’t it too much? Up to 300 endurance threshold for 4 sigils

Probably typo, per stack of time rot

New monster mods are brutal

I believe they are invulnerable while using movement abilities, is it changed?

1 Like

Last time I spent this much on a single text I was reading War and Peace.

4 Likes

Yeah, it is sad that some single player builds are getting balanced out for the sake of MP balance. Any summon-related build, or forge guard build that was meant to complement holy aura is now not viable.

1 Like

I hold my judgement but reading the patch notes doesn’t give me hope that the Assemble abomination AI is improved and is still mostly just going to run around the enemies in circles or try to hump your leg while being blocked by enemies instead of attacking them on it’s way to again just hump your leg.

1 Like

I’m having trouble understanding this part. Could someone explain this a bit more?

I can’t recall if we made adjustments to Abomination’s AI. If you play and feel that it’s AI doesn’t feel great in 0.9 for this specific minion, please report it under bug reports. We can definitely tweak the values to make it feel more responsive in combat.

Does this imply that the large delay when joining new zones during multiplayer campaign will remain?

2 Likes

I agree with the motivation behind the change, but increasing the base cooldown of abilities, while a solution, is not a good one. It is just hurting people who don’t need the stat and that’s not good since it seems like they were already in a good place. You are affecting abilities that are potentially needed for defensive purposes.

I think a better solution would be to either reduce the effectiveness of cooldown recovery speed on traversal skills or just put a hard limit on how low you can reduce these specific abilities. The latter also future proofs it against additional cooldown recovery speed changes. For example Shift stays at base 3 second cooldown but will never go below 2.7 seconds.

6 Likes

Yes, they can now take damage during the leap & will die at the end of it if they took enough damage.

1 Like

Just as they do not want movement skills to become a willy-nilly method of speedily traversing levels (as opposed to running) like they are in some games, I expect that they also do not want movement skills to be treated as a willy-nilly defensive ability. In other words, if movement skills are going to be used as a line of defense, they want it to involve a bit more strategy than just spamming your dash button whenever you see damage incoming. In that light, a longer cooldown is not actually a problem.

3 Likes