The Convergence Update - Beta 0.9 Patch Notes

It’s intentional that there will now be more variance in traversal skill cooldown based on your gear. We’re aiming to making gear matter more for how your character feels to play, and for the pace of gameplay to change a bit more from early game to endgame. The changes to the availability of cooldown recovery speed and the addition of the increased area affixes are part of that.

2 Likes

Wait, Reaper Form is not getting an update this patch? What happened to that sweet model you’ve shown?

1 Like

It got pushed back.

Making cooldown recovery speed into a suffix is, in my opinion, a serious mistake. Cooldown recovery speed is entirely an offensive stat on the builds that need it, and on the builds that only want it as quality of life, it’s still less of a defensive stat than say, movement speed. I was pretty sure that the way you divided up prefixes and suffixes was meant to encourage people to actually get offensive stats, and even then I (and likely many other players) still put strength affixes on characters that get nothing but armor out of it.

2 Likes

Many builds that don’t need cooldown recovery are nerfed, they need to sacrifice a suffix or choose worse base type to remain on the same level as before. Meanwhile builds that already want cooldown recovery are buffed. There should be some middle ground, for example an idol-only affix with “movement skill cooldown recovery” that maybe doesn’t stack with other sources of cooldown recovery

5 Likes

The animations and vfx aren’t quite ready. It’s close though.

1 Like

Yes, they now take damage during movement abilities but won’t die until the ability finishes.

Minions generally use the same AI system but there are values on both the minion itself and its abilities that can be changed.

Either way, we welcome feedback about minion behavior.

Going to a different zone in the campaign works differently than loading a new echo, so yes there is more of a delay in campaign. We fixed some issues that appeared during the Open Weekend that contributed to longer load times but it’s something we’re still working on.

1 Like

Yup, can’t have players using more frequent movement skills to avoid one shots /s

2 Likes

Which is, in my opinion, a PRO. I like that they’re playing around, and (please, note) working to fine tune more strategic and thoughtful play rather than just “I GO INTO ROBOT MODE AND JUST SPAM A BUTTON EVERY OTHER SECOND.”

2 Likes

Amazing patch notes. Ty for all the hard work you guys do.

In regards to The Last Titan changes, I’m gonna have to see how getting hit by the punch feels. Moving away from one-shots is good, but I feel like a 2 second stun might actually be more frustrating. With a one-shot the feedback is immediate and I know what killed me. With a 2 second stun, I’m stuck watching my character stand still and take attacks while all I can do is hope I don’t die in that time.

Awesome that’s great to hear. I’m looking forward to it all :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s a real shame that players have to pay attention to the hour long telegraphs for anything that’s going to one shot them.

2 Likes

Judgement is still very broken with pious offering.

Yeah D4 it is. Maybe 1.0 saves this, Surely.

This looks juicy. I’m looking forward to get back into LE with this patch :smiley:

Actually, Pious version probably got hit the most. Pious made extreme use of VR to reset mana. VR cooldown got a pretty hefty nerf. This will greatly impact how often you can blast away 100% of your mana bar.

Does this change the base duration or the currently active duration? Is it further affect by reduced duration in the infernal shade tree?

I am a little bit concerned about the Focus node conveyance in combination with the traversal skill changes. Namely, the fact that traversal skill cooldown doesn’t recover during the skill. Since conveyance causes Focus to be a traversal skill, that would imply that it’s cooldown does not recover so long as it is channeled, actively incentivizing you against using it normally, as the longer you channel it the longer it will be before you can teleport again. I had been considering trying out a mana stacking build using the damage nodes for focus, and using conveyance to jump into enemies with it, but if continuing to channel it extends the cooldown that sounds really bad.

EDIT: Just wanted to add I don’t think it would be unreasonable to add an exemption to the rule that cooldown does not recover during duration for conveyance (perhaps with a slight increase to cooldown); being stuck in place channeling is already enough of a reduction in mobility without also extending your mobility cooldown I think.

1 Like

For the players which are experts on VK: What’s your conclusion about the changes? Fair?

Great thing about 2023. There is sooooo much to choose from. You do you! I actually refunded my pre-sales of D4. Decided I had no interest. Now we’ve BOTH made or intentions known so we can get our zings in and feel good about our decisions.

5 Likes