The Convergence Update - Beta 0.9 Patch Notes

Ayy lets go! So excited!

1 Like

The time has arrived! Let’s go! Now to sit down and read all of it :')

Edit:

I enjoyed playing Holy Flame Burst during the multiplayer beta, but this seems like a bit of a harsh nerf to me… With the node behind the enabling node for Holy Flame Burst in the Holy Aura tree, you can get 200% more damage if you trigger the Burst yourself (as opposed to an ally), which means you already contribute 3 times as much as allies in terms of damage. Adding an extra factor of 10 or 12 for the amount of contribution to Holy Flame Burst’s damage (through you applying 10 to 12 stacks and allies 1) seems a bit excessive to me.

But maybe it’s balanced when you have some other players applying many hits, like a necro with a whole army or a rogue going zoom, which I didn’t have the time to try, so I might be wrong. ^^ I guess we’ll see!

Is this only for the time being, or will offline characters permanently be unable to access appearance options?

Wow there are a lot more changes to skills than I expected, really impressed that not only is the game being updated at its core but we get an entirely new feel to many characters based on the skill changes. Really good look.

Ooh boy, this will be the perfect thing to read over second breakfast.

2 Likes

As we move towards our 1.0 release, we aim to make offline mode truly offline. This means offline mode will not be able to support things such as the MTX store - as that would require internet connections for verifications and purchases. It’s possible we may find a way to have purchased MTX work in offline mode, though currently is unlikely in order for offline mode to be the true offline we want it to be.

8 Likes

You all have done an amazing job. I hope next week is going to be a massive celebration around the EHG campus, whatever hiccups and problems may arise because this is quite an achievement. Massive undertaking.

Congratulations.

What about changing the appearance of items to other base game items? i.e. making a Volcanus look like a regular base 2H sword, or changing an armor’s appearance to a different set’s?

hype! very nice

Excellent work, i hope in next update You can put the option in spanish language, but if not, i don’t care, the Game is amazing

Localisations will come with 1.0.
And spanish is alreay confirmed to be one of the languages that will be localised.

We’re interested in and have discussed “transmog” systems, but no plans how, or if we will implement it currently.

1 Like

There are a lot of great improvements here, and it’s greatly appreciated.
I will bring up one issue on this post and that’s an issue with the “Tope of Page” links, the vast majority of them do nothing. The same issue exists for the links to take you directly to the section of interest, starting with Gameplay & Mechanics.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Because it’s such a long post, it can depend a bit on how much your browser can remember. The links should add the correct link to the browser - if it doesn’t actually remember where that header was, you can hit enter on the url, and it will re-load the page to go to that link. In the future, we want to have better landing pages for patch notes which will avoid this memory limitation (though these patch notes being so long is also a bit of an exception :wink: )

2 Likes

Will the game be translated into Russian or Ukrainian?

1 Like

Is Javelin not one of these?

We are working on a Russian localization alongside several other languages, yes.

4 Likes

DUUUUDE, it wouldn’t stop scrolling, OMG

That is a phenomenal amount of work affecting virtually every part of the game. Excellent.

I havent played since Dec 22, so I am really looking forward to restarting afresh on 0.9 and testing everything out.

It is not. As it’s a combo skill, cooldowns can’t work the same way with Javelin.

2 Likes