The Convergence Update - Beta 0.9 Patch Notes

Poggies. Hyped for the release!

It’s official, last epoch hype is back on the menu boys and girls

I looks absolutely awesome, my minor preliminar complaints, keep in mind we will need some real game experience to give true feedback, but by just the stated above:

• Moving CDR to suffixes, is not good, suffixes are really tight trying to boost defenses, and specially on belt where you are already with increased + hybrid health as obligatory… not great.

• Wings of Argentus is a new dead unique, the DR nerf would be ok IF you could get some LP in it (I mean you technically can, maybe 1LP with less than 1% chance? and good luck with the legendary smash afterwards), but losing to both the lack of vit and increased health is not an option for a chest.

• The nerf of Bastion is not competent enough, still BiS on most builds.

3 Likes

What does this mean?
flavourful one? :thinking:

I was waiting for this! :heart_eyes:

I agree with Ninakoru.

The nerf to Wings of Argentus seems too strong, considering its rarity and LP Potential.

Want to also mention in a comment:

We’ve added a “Changes and Additions” section to the patch notes, which will cover any updates to the patch notes (aside from typo fixes). At the current time this includes the following:

• Added section for Dread Shade
    • Dread Shade can only be cast on your minions, not allies minions.
    • Symbiotic Apparition now causes Dread Shade to affect you, but not other party members.
  • Added section for Leaderboards
    • Leaderboards will be unavailable during 0.9 and will be returning 0.9.1

There is another change that is missing from the Patch Notes.

Anomaly’s Time Bubble now inflicts 2 Void Resistance Shred/s instead of “enemies take increased void damage”

1 Like

How does Essence of Celerity scale? How many points does it have max and what each point gives? Is the 2% increased spell damage per point or overall?

yep totems stil could easily get much more damage effectivenes compared to the other builds, easily 100% for a thorn totem and 130-150% for a storm totem, single projectile for a thorn totem is a little buff but not really changing that much, especially when we compare them to ridicolously overpowered druid builds as swarmblade and werebear

also, some changes to ballista but not really making it playable again after an undeserved nerf, when it never even was a top 3 rogue build

So moving CDR to a suffix has made belt stat choices sometimes require more consideration than just “always pick health every time”. That sounds like they met a design goal to me.

1 Like

Hello I was reading through the Multiplayer notes and I don’t see anything mentioned about penalties playing with people who are lower/higher level than each other…

Can anyone shed some light on that topic?

My friends and I have varying work schedules and it would be a shame if we were dissuaded from playing together based on some minor level discrepancies. Thanks.

@Surkles
There is no bonus or penatly to exp.

There is just a system in place to cap off exessive exp gain from fighting in areas that are way above your characters level.

Thank you for that.
So am I correct in assuming any further progressed person can go back and help someone without any negative repercussions to that lower level player in the lower level player’s appropriate zone/levelling content?

I guess the adjustments to Frostbite as a whole and the Ailment Effect change saved Snowdrift from further adjustments, well for now at least. A little sad with the overall speed hits to most of the builds I shoot for but I had a feeling they were looming overhead. We’ll see where we end up moving forward in terms of balancing as things settle into place.

Although I’m hoping some controller refinements happened from MP beta to now and didn’t make it into the patch notes. As it’ll be a miserable experience if it stays as is with something as simple as waypoints and other objects being non-interactive with the controller’s targeting.

Interested on this as well. It would give me inspiration to give Tornado another go around. But if this isn’t on the table for 0.9, then I’ll just keep Shaman on hold until it gets the rework it desperately needs.

Correct

Added note for Void Knight Skill Changes: Anomaly

• Time Bubble now shreds void resistance (it previously stated that it increased void damage taken, but did not have this effect in practice)
2 Likes

Even if tornado is good, it’s still better play it as something other than shaman (especially proccing it via swarmblade); shaman is just not in a good state right now.

1 Like

Nope, they gain penetration to your resists per area level.

Yes, I never said there wasn’t going to be a reduction in drop rates as the default (compared to current), just that they’ve not said how much of a nerf there’s going to be. And I very much doubt that it’ll be a “massive” nerf. Let’s not start screaming that the sky is falling.

Not sure where you’re going with the final quote unless you think it contradicts what I said (it doesn’t).

Correct.

Did you read my full post? My first sentence was that i agreed with the motivation behind the changes and then gave alternative solutions that achieved the exact same result without messing with how the game already worked.

For something as short range as Shift I don’t really see any other use for it other than a defensive ability for marksman (it can be used more aggressively as bladedancer sure but it’s not in bladedancer it’s a rogue ability). I’m not going to dedicate 20% of my build just to move around the map faster. It needs some in combat use. And for a squishy ranged character who has to stand still to attack, having an ability to either make distance between enemies or to reposition so i can resume dealing damage to bosses quickly is basically a staple of ARPGs. In my current Marksman build i do not need cooldown rate for anything besides shift so i’m not going to take it. So for my build, this is strictly a nerf that wasn’t needed. That last sentence says there is a problem here.

My point is that increasing the base cooldown solely to prevent some people from stacking an optional stat is not the best solution. I completely agree that they shouldn’t let these abilities get too short of cooldown, either for map movement or for defensive purposes. That’s why i suggested just a hard limit how low they can go that matched their estimate. but their solution of increasing base cooldown messes with the balance of other systems and that is important to game design/balance to take these things into account. They can achieve the same result by using different methods. They didn’t say they were increasing the base cooldown because they felt like they needed it in general. They only said that the point was to prevent cooldown reduction from getting out of hand.

2 Likes

I agree items should feel like they make you a fair bit stronger but I also believe a characters skills and levels should have a bigger impact then items give.

If a lvl 1 character had a god tier item a lvl 100 character should be able to destroy them without using items realistically lol.