The Convergence Update - Beta 0.9 Patch Notes

each specialization has something they don’t need to invest by gearing, for example it was block for sentinel. And for marksman it was crit invulnerability. Dont want party members to fully benefit from it ? Its ok. then reduce debuff effect on party members.
To reduce solo power, just because it effects party play is bad design.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out. For a group, 20 base Crit is still crazy powerful… But given how rogue was reliant on it, we will have to see how she can compensate for that.

But it also negated the need to gear for % increased crit (since you didn’t need it and the buff didn’t get affected by it). Even solo it was too good. If they’ve made it interact with % increased crit then that would be fine IMO since its still an exceptionally powerful passive given how fast the Rogue can build it up.

2 Likes

Sooo many cool changes but that also bring about questions…

1. Does Maul become a traversal skill if it takes Fury leap tree ? (shouldn’t imo) how does this interact with Rampage then?
  2. Any change to the Lagon fight pls ? Rampage werebear and few other skills still would have trouble hitting it.
  3. Ouch poor Javelin, hit based lightning javelin was already kinda worse than DoT (just much cooler looking).
  4. How does Flip the coin work with Chakram, is it no boost(boo hoo), 50% chance for 48% more dmg(ew RNG) or would it just be a consistent 24% more dmg(best choice imo).
  5. I heard the Tornado lightning proc was getting boosted from the tree nodes as well during the multiplayer beta is this still the case or reverted? and if yes is this going to be the same for all Primal lightning eg: in maelstrom and fury leap ?
  6. What happens to the added fire throwing damage and increased fire damage taken affix(prefix for rings and ammys if I remember correctly) is it kil? NO
    If its removed, do old items still keep it or are they bricked?

Nope.

They change affixes rather than just remove them, so if that one was changed, any existing item with it would get the replacement affix.

armour and resists are completely separate and armour does not apply to damage over time effects like the poison i was talking about though sure they are both damage taken reduction effects

i can’t see it in game as part of the game guide though i recall seeing it in game maybe as loading screen tip about enemies getting resist per level and a quick check of early ruined era late divine era and lvl 100 monolith dis suggest that the enemies are getting resists and armour over the level scaling though exact numbers would be hard to check for certain
and even if the main “trash” mobs in game don’t have resistances from level it is only really boss’s that you care about damage output against as if you struggle with trash mobs for any reason other than only have single target damage you are going to have a much worse time against boss’s

sure the post about it didn’t say a “massive drop nerf” but that doesn’t sell people on a product very well either and it DOES say that there will be a reduction in loot and increases to enemy power to combat the “dramatic increase in player power” that either trade or fortune would bring

Maybe dumb question. New reaper form is ”pushed back” does this mean maybe during 0.9.0
or is it coming 0.9.1?

2 Likes

RIP muh exalteds…

Nice points, mate. I agree with them all. Still deciding what I will go, don’t know If I will repeat the ones I had (VK do, Bladedancer bf) or go to something completly new to me, like primalist druid lightning bug, which seems will be strong and tanky. 2 days :partying_face:

Poggies. Hyped for the release!

It’s official, last epoch hype is back on the menu boys and girls

I looks absolutely awesome, my minor preliminar complaints, keep in mind we will need some real game experience to give true feedback, but by just the stated above:

• Moving CDR to suffixes, is not good, suffixes are really tight trying to boost defenses, and specially on belt where you are already with increased + hybrid health as obligatory… not great.

• Wings of Argentus is a new dead unique, the DR nerf would be ok IF you could get some LP in it (I mean you technically can, maybe 1LP with less than 1% chance? and good luck with the legendary smash afterwards), but losing to both the lack of vit and increased health is not an option for a chest.

• The nerf of Bastion is not competent enough, still BiS on most builds.

3 Likes

What does this mean?
flavourful one? :thinking:

I was waiting for this! :heart_eyes:

I agree with Ninakoru.

The nerf to Wings of Argentus seems too strong, considering its rarity and LP Potential.

Want to also mention in a comment:

We’ve added a “Changes and Additions” section to the patch notes, which will cover any updates to the patch notes (aside from typo fixes). At the current time this includes the following:

• Added section for Dread Shade
    • Dread Shade can only be cast on your minions, not allies minions.
    • Symbiotic Apparition now causes Dread Shade to affect you, but not other party members.
  • Added section for Leaderboards
    • Leaderboards will be unavailable during 0.9 and will be returning 0.9.1

There is another change that is missing from the Patch Notes.

Anomaly’s Time Bubble now inflicts 2 Void Resistance Shred/s instead of “enemies take increased void damage”

1 Like

How does Essence of Celerity scale? How many points does it have max and what each point gives? Is the 2% increased spell damage per point or overall?

yep totems stil could easily get much more damage effectivenes compared to the other builds, easily 100% for a thorn totem and 130-150% for a storm totem, single projectile for a thorn totem is a little buff but not really changing that much, especially when we compare them to ridicolously overpowered druid builds as swarmblade and werebear

also, some changes to ballista but not really making it playable again after an undeserved nerf, when it never even was a top 3 rogue build

So moving CDR to a suffix has made belt stat choices sometimes require more consideration than just “always pick health every time”. That sounds like they met a design goal to me.

1 Like

Hello I was reading through the Multiplayer notes and I don’t see anything mentioned about penalties playing with people who are lower/higher level than each other…

Can anyone shed some light on that topic?

My friends and I have varying work schedules and it would be a shame if we were dissuaded from playing together based on some minor level discrepancies. Thanks.