THE BURN node in Chaos Bolt skill tree bug

I did some testing and it looks like, Chaos Bolt with THE BURN node taken causes game to lag/be stuck at 1 fps when used. I propably shouldnt post it here too if I posted it already at technical support forum. Just want to help the devs know that the bug extists.

proof: Watch Last Epoch 2024.02.22 - 18.33.57.03 | Streamable

This happened to me as well. Re-added and removed the node again to confirm, and this node is indeed the root of the issue, Will be skipping this node on my online Warlock until the bug is fixed.

[Feb 29, 2024] Edited to add: Patch 1.0.1 that was released earlier today has fixed this issue for me. Was able to add a skill point to The Burn and no FPS drops have occurred since.

Happened to me repeatedly a couple days ago. I would be able to run through 1 area perfectly fine, then in the second area as soon as I cast Chaos Bolts (with The Burn) it would essentially crash the game, going to a frame a minute.
As soon as I specced out it worked fine. It took me about 5 tries of crashing to narrow down the problem and find the answer here. Right now I’m mostly running Chaos Bolts auto-cast by my Fissure so speccing out doesn’t matter right now, but I want to try out the Spine of Malatros soon and The Burn will be key to that build. Hopefully they can finalize a fix for this soon.

Not sure if this has been addressed or fixed yet, but echoing confirmation that this node does indeed cause some kind of fatal performance leak to <1 FPS until you have to force close the game.

Can add that THE BURN node in chaos bolts still hangs the game to 1 fps and causes it to hang and force to close down the game.
It seems that the interaction in between the nodes with Chaotic fissure node Return Below or might even be with Profane Veil infernal deliverance