The auto Bomber! Devouring Orb | Build Guide | 0.8.3E

Loving this build thanks Boardman, terrific job once again with the explanatory vid & the build.

Prior to this I also played the VK Smiter and that is also great. I have to say that I was a bit underwhelmed by Abyssal Echoes in this build as the single target skill though. I get that it has echoes & some dot, but compared to Smite in the VK Smiter it seemed very lack luster.

So, I went hybrid and used this build, but with Smite instead. I prefer the spammability of Smite along with it’s much lower mana requirements. It seems to do a much more rapid job of dispatching bosses and I have no need to recharge my mana.

I’m still farming gear, tweaking, and levelling the last few levels but here’s how I made a hybrid version for anyone interested in some pointers.
Autobomber with Smite

1 Like

Smite is going to do better single target but the clear of Devouring Orb is nuts.

1 Like

Oh, totally. I didn’t compromise the wonderful DO at all, I merely switched AE to Smite and amended the relic to give Smite some more tlc :smiley:

1 Like

just want to ask, you dont use that locket of the forgotten knight amul bcse you dont have it or you just prefer that bone amulet? i play autobomber too and i think about switch AE into Smita too, (even becose its a little bit boring gamestyle and i just want spam something :D) iam now lvl 88

I have a couple of the forgotten knight lockets, but I prefer the bone amulet for a few reasons.
First, I make sure I have good Phy/Nec Resist rolls on it, so that helps cap out both resists for me. Then, I also get T5 rolls on my ele resist & health. I think that with a good Bone it is just way more useful for me overall than the FK amulet. The set amulet is to me more of a gimmick than effective. Personally, I think that it is a good start until you can find/make a decent rare ammy.

My gear changed a bit since the last time I linked it, so here’s an updated version of what I’m playing. I went back to the proper smiter rather than the autobomber because I am playing higher corruption monos and going further into the arena. Autobomber is still a quicker play style, but I find it less tankey than the smiter I link below. Obviously my thanks go to Boardman for the build, all I have done is tweak it about a bit.

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/0oNPD7Q3

1 Like

Yea, i feel i can probably switch to Smite to, iam currently running about 110corrupt and can go much more, so with smite you r doing perhaps more than 200+ right? I just still happy i have Omnividience :smiley:

Yup, typically running around 280 :smiley:

1 Like

Skill question: why do you take 5 points in Abyssal Echoes’s Vorpal Reverberation (+flat damage to Abyssal Decay), when you also take Potent Corruption (no Abyssal Decay)? Does the flat damage also affect the initial hit?

so what is your progress, still play Vk smiter like that or do you change something?:slight_smile:

I must confess I have been playing something else the last couple of weeks, knowing that the new patch is almost upon us.
I played a previous well known arpg almost exclusively for a few years and it resulted in burn out. So now I try and rotate my games a little more.
I will be revisiting this build once the new patch hits to see how it is affected (if it is), look at some enhanced crafts, and generally check out the new patch things.

I am excited by having a dungeon to play around in, and the legendary weapon crafting. So, I won’t be playing at all until patch day as I don’t want to dull my excitement at all :smile:

FYI, I played for a few hours last night after tweaking the DO allocation a bit and it was a tiny bit different in the number of orbs but the dmg was higher by a wee bit. All in all very little effect on my build.
Killing packs was a tiny bit slower, but against stronger mobs it was a bit better. I also got quite lucky with a new top drop&craft. Here’s where my build is at the moment if it helps:

MaelVK

1 Like

Similar impression when I reworked my own VK smiter… The changes to DO havent really made it any worse or more powerful for that matter… Still a great skill for various builds…

Same for me in terms of damage, but I feel more fragile now. Probably because I’m less protected, due to less orbs. But it’s getting hard and I may try to lower corruption.

Less protected… sure… probably because trash mobs are staying alive longer because there less orbs to deal with them… I was already borderline minium on my defence side (little low on health & armour) so I did find I needed to tweak it a little more… And move out of danger a little bit more than I recall needing to… at least on the VK smiter build…

but overall still not nearly as bad a nerf as it may have been…

No, not a bad nerf at all, I agree!

So the sky hasn’t fallen? /confused

It was necessary to do something.
I’m not sure it is better now, but it’s worth trying.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.