The Arguement for Weavers Will Set Items

Currently we have wievers will and we got set items. Most people will agree that sets are WEAK. We also have wievers will, which scale to 28 which ia god tier, but in most cases, people dont use it unless they have some obscure build that has no unique /legendary for it currently in game.

What i propose is to create a mid tier item. Similar to how you can make legendary by combining unique and exalted. I think we should be able to make REVERED items by combining a SET item and a WIEVERS WILL Unique.

Unlike a T28 wievers will, these items will be tier 18-24 [T5*3 +X, or T7 T6 T5 +X or some combination no greater], with the set bonus the gear would give

You would be able to use wievers will drops from prophecies, as they start at 16, and would be able to use any of them, assuming they are 18-24

Revered items would be crafted in monolith 250+ forges, no need for dungeons like lightless arbor, and would provide decent mid game gear.

Some unique affixes and prefixes for revered gear

• Experimental Hp [75%]

• Mana leach on spell hit

• On 50 stacks of X, summon Y [depending on tier, one of exiled mage, abomination, husk of dread, greater wolf, eye of domination as ally for 5s]

• Grant spell [ ()button] ;class tag; [insert names], randomized on item made

• +1 in X, Y, Z ability [does not stack with +2 in skill X/Y]

• %boost to [insert dot eg ignite] by %X/y eg Fire damage

• %boost to retaliation damage with spells [mage]

Can also put a bunch of other experimental affixes.

2 Likes

alot of weavers will items get used…
alot of rogues are using shield and relic weavers will right now
and i see others in other builds so they are for sure being used

Ofc. I used them myself. Its just that the rng nature of them makes people pass them over as most builds they are a chore to get and a chore with rng.

Its a lot easier to get a decent exalted item and decent unique with 3LP then it os to get a wievers will 24 then have it roll the stats you want. Revered kind of fixes that since you transferer the stats to set bonus which makes it better

Your idea is different from mine but I will support it to.
My idea was to let us craft affixes into set items but using max only 2 of possible affixes. You could use any item rarity as far is it have minimum 4 affixes, and when you recraft all of the set items and also you wear that set then you get additional fixed set bonus that is based on class and mastery you play. That way sets will be getting stronger and be competitive for endgame legendaries, also you will not loose set bonus (just like in your idea).

1 Like

My suggestion similiar to higher one. Just let set items have atleast 1 or may be 2(not more) legendary potential. It will fix a lot of problems. Weaver also interesting way ,but less stable and more rng.

1 Like

reason I did not take this approach is that some classes have no itemization for some builds. Lets say you want to run a warlock, but some reason you wanted to run it with malee reap. You would be almost unable to do anything without weavers will.

Same applies to a lot fo builds which can not scale at all without weavers will

I’m using 3 slots on set items in my endgame build. I just think set items in general are designed very badly. Heck, even most uniques in this game are designed badly. If set items also had weavers will, they’d not only be BiS, they be straight up required.

But there really needs to be a meaningful fix to set items and most weaver’s will items…

2 Likes

Why would you put mid game gear crafting in somewhat high endgame echoes?

I mean, set items definitely underperform in almost every case, improving them is fine. Since I love levelling weaver’s will items, I like the general idea of combining sets with WW.

1 Like

The 250 is probably to high with the reworked monolith, probably move that down to eempowered 100 or maybe lvl 75, depending on wievers will rank.

Maybe 14-18 would be unlocked at monolith 60
19-23 would be unlocked at empowered
24-28 would be monolith 200.

Just a suggestion, the power curve would be hard to see for me without it being implanted