THANK YOU for making a proper minion class

Hello! D4/POE refugee here. I’ve just jumped in to LE and I am really enjoying my time. Can I also say that I am so grateful you all implemented a minion command button! Looking forward to exploring LE more.

4 Likes

Welcome to the game and the forums.

Just an FYI, there are actually SEVERAL proper minions classes, so you should have a lot of fun. And Falconer might have some interesting twists on minions as well. (Plus Forge Guard is do for some updating love and there have been lots of calls to give boosts to Forged Armor and Manifest Weapons.)

Squeee!!!

1 Like

Yeah, 'cause Manifest Armour is so weak.

1 Like

The two threads I recall wasn’t because of power on Manifest Armour, but more to do with some interesting interaction ideas.)

Now Forged Weapons is a whole other kaboodle.

Heck, I love my Forge Guard. I even did a build guide for it. Multistrike and Forged Wpns. It’s fun as all get out and, man, is it tanky. Makes me feel like I can get right in there and ground and pound.

There’s even minion stance coming in the future.

2 Likes

“Kaboodle” and “gobbledeegook”, on the same day!
Two wondeful words, you’re on a roll.
A gentleman and a scholar.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeh really thankful for minions actually being fun to play!

Don’t toy with my emotions like this…

Just wanted to ask about minion stances-- would that be like being able to set whether they are aggressive or defensive? Been playing a melee necro and half of the time I’m pulling them back from running off way to far.

Yes, minion stances are a thing that GD has where they can set them to aggressive/defensive/neutral and they’ll act accordingly. I haven’t heard anything about that in LE (though I’ve seen it suggested) but it might have been from before I bought the game, which was just a few months ago.

1 Like

They did talk about it couple years back, but it’s been pushed back for years now.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair, they did say “A future update” so as long as they release it before the game gets discontinued, they didn’t lie :joy:

1 Like

I just got this game and made a necro first thing (like I do in all games that have one). I had my doubts about the pets going in. Got my golem and was blown away the first time it smashed the screen. Then the skeletons and mages just getting so strong towards the end of the campaign. It’s amazing to have a necro with pets that actually do damage. Feels like a true necro.

1 Like

I’m currently pushing up towards corruption 100 monos and I will say that I am starting to see what people are saying about how melee minions compare to ranged minions (for necro atleast)

I haven’t read anything about this yet. What are they saying and what are you seeing? I’m skipping around trying different classes so I haven’t delved into monos yet.

Ranged minions out preform melee minions for Necro.

Yeah, D4’s horrible minions brought me here. Every arpg I’ve played has been minion builds due to a limitation with one of my arms. For some reason D4’s class Dev(s) don’t want to do a ‘proper’ minion class. No idea why.

Anyways, thanks!

That’s how D4 lost me as well. Necromancers got it bad in D4 unless you’re playing bonespear and non-minions.