@TBdog needs Forge Guard Advice

Here’s the latest planner: https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/ozyKJ9eB

@TBdog, now you have a dedicated thread to ask for advice on your builds.

Imagine if he goes back to the other topic now :rofl:

edit: he did go back to that other topic

1 Like

At a glance, I’m going to ignore the skills because I have my own ideas and don’t know what you’re going for.

Regarding passives, remove two points from Overwhelm and Juggernaut in the Sentinel tree, and move 5 points from Aegis of Renewal (the 50 health on block doesn’t scale with anything) to Time and Faith (every Rive hit will give you scaling health and mana).

Take the extra 4 points and put them wherever you want in the Forge Guard tree. I’d recommend putting 2 more points in Siege Captain with the final 2 points going into Iron Attunement (working to get the 5 point bonus to reduce dot damage).

The specialized passive trees of the masteries are far more valuable than the base Sentinel tree. Once you’ve finished spending points in the other trees, going back to Sentinel for leftover points is perfectly fine.

Resistances seem fine other than poison being a bit low. Try to boost that up a bit.

@TBdog Hey, you have your own thread. Use it dude! :smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry didn’t know this existed.

Here is how I am progressing

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/BGNvpDxQ

Any advice?

1. Sigils of Hope: Take a point from Empowering Sigils and put it into Last Wish. This gives you a chance on kill to generate a sigil.

2. Lightning Resistance is a bit under cap, so try to push that up.

3. Sentinel Passives: move 5 points from Aegis of Renewal (the healing on block doesn’t scale) and put them in Armour Clad or Relentless.

4. Paladin Passives: Take 6 points (minimum) out of Valor (150 flat health isn’t a lot and the healing effectiveness doesn’t help you as much. Put 6 points into Holy Symbol (a much better heal on block than Aegis of Renewal) you cna leave 4 points in Valor or move them to Void Knight’s Abyssal Endurance.

5. Forge Guard Passives: Take 2 points from “Fresh from the Forge” and put those into Shield Crafter.

Once again, I’m going to withhold most of my opinions on your skills as I have my own ideas on how to build forge Guard that aren’t what you’re going for and someone else could probably give better advice.

1 Like

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/ozJWdZro

I’ve made some changes as suggested and also changed how my shield throw works to try and get better single target damage. I have just lost a lot of poison and lightening resistance which I need to find the right gear to patch up.

Sentinel Passives: Take 5 points out of Aegis of Renewal. Put 2 into Armour Clad and 2 into Juggernaut.

Paladin Passives: put the remaining point from Aegis of Renewal into Holy Symbol

Defenses: Fire, Lightning, and Poison resists need to be capped. Could use more Health (look for Hybrid Health affixes), and Endurance Threshold could be higher.

Thank you.