Synchronised Strike + Shadow Cascade - joined at the hip?

Levelling my first bladedancer. I had originally thought that Shadows lasted 4 seconds and would always repeat the single next skill the player used, no matter what it was. I’m sure I read that somewhere, was it a delusion? Anyway the only skill I can get Shadows to copy is Synchronised Strike - correct?

Anyways the thought occurred that SS is rather useless without SC. Is this true? SS has a huge mana cost, and without SC it does poor damage. Has anyone used it alone with success, and if so why did you chose it? Surely it isn’t really viable as a movement skill?

Similarly, SC to my (noob) eyes seems strictly inferior to other skills like Cinder Strike or Flurry. Why would you use it without SS? Has anyone?

Are these 2 skills really joined at the hip?

No, if you hover over the blademaster passive bonus (I think) it says that shadows copy your shrunken, shadow cascade and acid flask.

Ah yes I knew I read it somewhere. That first sentence “Shadows will repeat one skill that you use before vanishing.” That seems absolute; I thought the sentence following was just an example.

Anyways, question still stands… is Shadow Cascade useless without one of the repeatable skills? Or does it have some purpose I haven’t realised?

Not quite sure what you mean since shadow cascade is one of the repeatable skills. Shadows are useless without one of the repeatable skills, certainly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.