SwarmBlade needs alternative skins

I’ve seen a few closed topics on this issue, it’s a shame because the idea and the gameplay is awesome, it’s just the looks are god awful, mostly agree with what i’ve seen in other topics, too much bug and very little human there. But i would like to add something to it, the thing is mostly the face, video games are about identification, the player need to identificate with the avatar, if you look at Groot from GotG it follows the opposite design idea, the lesser complexity the greater the pool of people can identificate with it, two human eyes, nose and a mouth (sort of) and everybody can identify. Animals, close, bugs? not so much, humans can’t identify with bugs, they are so different. Please make alternative skins for swarmblade i would love to play it but it’s disgusting, or make something like the other people said; something like blue bettle. If you take look at mosquito girl from one punch, its a bug, but it has a face! very important! a human face! a face i think is quite important, but i would like arms, legs and everything, blue bettle sort of.
thanks anyways!

Just to play devils advocate here a bit, That also diminishes the theme of the transformation.

Part of the appeal of shapeshifting is that you are no longer human, hence the terms “human form” and “Beast form”

By making it simply a man in a bug costume, you diminish the feeling of having transformed.

This sounds less of an issue of it being “not human enough” Werebear looks much more bear like then man like. And more so an issue with you think bugs are disgusting so it unnerves you to be shaped like a bug.

Insect characters should look the part, thats what makes the theme work.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can’t really get behind a change like this. I think it would be even more disgusting to have an insectoid body, with a human-ish face. All I can picture is Brundlefly, or one of the Ripley/Alien Queen hybrids from the 4th Aliens movie.

2 Likes

what does it hurt to have alternative skins for it. I didn’t push on taking it out for people that liked it, just give the options for person who don’t. It could even be a payed cosmetic.
To your point, its just too narrow, it can keep the feel of a bug and also be more human, creativity allows for very curious things. And if we take your argument to the fullest why is the bear standing up and having biggeer uppeer body than lower body? why is sppriggan form humanoid? Transformation in video games have always been humanoid ish.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.