Swarmblade Form/Gahthering Storm

Im currently playing a swarmblade druid and i was told to use gathering storm to increase the damage of my storm bolts triggered by my tornado. So far so good, but according to some guides people skill into nodes in the gathering storm skill tree that make no sense to me.

For example Excited Bolts and Jolting Strikes mention Storm Bolts and directly increase the power of the Storm Bolts. But for example “Of Ice and Snow” or “Thunderous Strikes” increase my chill chance/freeze rate and my lightning penetration. But they dont specifically mention storm bolt but they mention gathering storm. Now i dont know if they also effect the storm bolts, because they are a part of gathering storm?!

If it says “Gathering Storm” it means all parts of the skill unless stated otherwise.

So yeah, they work. (or atleast should :wink: )

Ahhh, thanks for your quick reply.
Since i was able to cast Storm Bolts before i skilled into gathering storm (thanks to Tornado) i wasnt sure if the storm bolts are directly a part of gathering storm.

Gathering Storm has 2 parts 1) melee 2) spell (bolts) . So if a node on the Gathering Storm tree mentions ‘melee’ it won’t buff the spell part (bolts). For example the Jolting Strikes nodes will give shock chance to Storm bolts but not more damage.

Ok i understand. I just took Jolting Strikes as an example because it mentioned storm bolts and other nodes didnt mention it at all.