Suggetion for improving grinding for blessings

I haven’t logged into the forums in a long time. When I did just now to create a post, I saw some updates about some old threads I was following. I had an interesting though while re-reading this one:

This stuck out to me:

“Say you want a particular unique. The game doesn’t know what you want. it might take you 100 runs, on average, but you’re not lucky so it takes you 1000, except by the time you get to 500 you’re probably going to go find something else to do.”

Ah, but imagine if the game could know!

This is a game where we’re fighting gods, and getting blessings from gods. Aren’t there shaman in game? Aren’t some of the gods enemies? Why not have a system where you plan to fight God A, and you’re hoping for a specific Blessing. You go to the Bazaar and find a shaman for God B and tell him that you’re going to be fighting God A and hoping for a specific blessing. The shaman says he’ll offer a sacrifice to God B on your behalf requesting said blessing.

The game could then say the drop rate for that blessing will be increased by 10%, but also on the backend it can maybe start at 10% but go up by 1% every 3rd time you fight that god. That way after 100 attempts your odds are 30% better, and no one should need to fight that battle 300x to get to 100%.

1 Like

You’ve just essentially described the Circle of Fortune item faction but added a blessings middle man.

Also, we are going to make it so you can switch between previously discovered blessings instead of needing to farm it again.

7 Likes

You’ve just essentially described the Circle of Fortune item faction but added a blessings middle man.

Ah. I’d heard about the Bazaar but forgot the announcement details, it’s been a little while. I remembered the Merchant’s Guild but forgot about the Circle of Fortune. But yes, I guess I would be adding blessings to that.

Also, we are going to make it so you can switch between previously discovered blessings instead of needing to farm it again.

That’s definitely nice for QoL but doesn’t address what the creator of the thread I posted was discussing. They were trying to get a blessing they’d never gotten yet.

I’ll actually probably use what you’re talking about more than what I suggested as a solution to his problem, but the point of my suggestion was to address his problem, not one of my own.

Although now that I think of it … I suspect what you’re describing would only let us reapply the blessing we already found at the % we previously found it. If we got a bad roll and wanted to improve it then what I suggested would be useful for that as well.

Thank you for this thread and this reply. I’ve been farming the Grand Hunger of the Void blessing for ages. Good that it’s on the radar of the devs, because I am just getting bored now and I absolutely love a lot about this game so far. I hope we’ll get these QOL changes soon!

1 Like

This mechanical (not QOL) change is something I think that will really help with switching builds, it will help with getting your initial blessings a little bit but not too much.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.