Suggestion: For offline mode, allow easier monolith boss mode

For the many casual players (and obviously only in offline mode), create either a toggle (or ideally a slider) to make the monolith bosses difficulty easier. I get that many, perhaps even most, players like the challenge as it is; however, since those bosses are gatekeepers to further advancement and players like me don’t enjoy the (in my opinion) over-the-top mechanics of those bosses. I enjoy a good grind and challenging boss fights, but I struggle with some of the monolith boss fights — and not due to build/skills, but strictly timing and precise moves needed over the course of the boss fights. Maybe it’s that I’m getting too old (though I certainly hope not) and have been gaming for over 40 years.

Sure there’s some broken skills. Sure there’s some unbalanced builds. Sure there’s some bugs. Sure there’s additional content to be added. But overall, I absolutely love the game. I just think that we should have the option of adjusting the monolith bosses difficulty in offline mode.

And specifically for “casual player”, I mean someone who doesn’t take it so seriously. I would never play on hardcore or the like. I have over 430 hours into LE since 1.0 (game time really isn’t limited) and have tried many different builds (and will try many more).

I don’t expect this to happen. Their offline client is the same as the online one, it just doesn’t require a connection. Doing this would mean maintaining 2 versions of the code and open the path for more bugs.

That’s what mods are for, tbh. And I’m sure plenty will arise dealing with this in time.

I definitely don’t expect it to happen either, but I wanted to offer up the suggestion. It really wouldn’t require 2 different clients — as connecting online would just disable/ignore the setting (gaming and coding for over 40 years — in fact, gaming got me into coding).

Since mods are allowed in offline mode, I too anticipate a mod to address that. To be clear, I don’t want to skip the bosses or jump to 100 (which I believe there is a mod already to do just that). I want to work for it so that it means something.

1 Like

Yeah, I see that happening with a mod TBH.

1 Like