Suggestion for Last Epoch's version of a "Loot Goblin"

Someone in my chat mentioned that they miss the Loot Goblins from D3 in LE.
And I did have some epiphany how LE could implement their version of a Loot Goblin.

So hear me out:
We can call my Idea Timekeepers (or whatever)
They have a chance of randomly spawning in echoes (or maybe a rare chance to replace Exiled Mages, when opening the Time Prison).

When you fight them and they go low they will run away and open a Portal to another timeline and escape. (E.g. if you are in The Black Sun Timeline, they will escape into the Ending the Storm Timeline).

You will not be able to follow them through the portal, but you will see where they go (either visually or with some Text above the Portal or a Pop-Up)

Once this event is triggered you have a very high chance of encountering them within the next 2-3 echoes in that Timeline they escaped to.

You have to repeat this process a couple of times and at the end they will open a portal to an actual treasure room where you need to completely defeat them and harvest the rewards.

I feel like for this to not feel to tedious it is important that they are incredibly rare, but the rewards at the end are incredibly lucrative. The numbers obviously can change on everything, but maybe a 1 in 50 or 1 in 100 chance to appear in a Echo/Time Prison.

I feel like this would incentivice jumping between timelines a little bit, but I guess it needs to be balanced very well to not feel annoying or frustrating doing that fight a couple of time and chasing that Timekeeper.

The reward chamber at the end coul be either generic good loot of maybe even themed Treasure Chambers.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Yessss! What a great idea.

1 Like