Suggestion for a Monolith Of Fate Leaderboard?

So, i really would like to have a place to healthily compete with other’s in LE.

We already have Leaderboards for Arena and @VisionGL’s Tournaments.
But since i personally despise Arena, there is no place for me to measure myself.

But a MoF leaderboard would be really cool IMO.

Before MoF can become really enjoyable to push really really deep, i think 2 major things needs to be adressed first and both of those things already got requested on the forums (and probably on other platforms too):

• Quest Echoes should not block the choice of 2 modifiers and need to become an “extra choice”
  • Re-rolling should block the same modifiers from re-appearing again

If we boldly assume, those 2 points get addressed at some point, the foundation for a Leaderboard that could be fun to push echoes is already there IMO.

So please bare with me and just assume those 2 things will be a thing, sicne i don’t want to get into a discussion about those 2 requests (you can discuss those in the threads about MoF improvements)

So now to my suggestion:

So for me MoF Leaderboard would entail highest pushed echo on each individual timeline, which i am aware, would be a fairly lively leaderboards, since it literally can change every few minutes.

To make this a little bit more interesting i would suggest, that at some point, if you push waaaaay past the point if the possibily to fight the boss (which his Echo 26 currently in the highest timeline), that the death penalty should get more severe, since losing 4 echoes if you are already at echoe 30-40 will become less grave.

So maybe at echo ~40 the death penalty should switch from flat 4 echoes to 10-15% of your current echo count.
So this would not affect players, that only want to fight the boss, since until echo 40 you will practically always spawned the boss

We maybe even could get a secondary leaderboard for highest echo count boss kill on each timeline too.

I am aware, that a MoF Leaderboard, would be a little bit more luck dependend than Arena, but even in Arena, there is a little bit fo luck involved.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

I’m not sure that would be too useful since the modifiers you can choose can be too different & introduce too much player-driven variability into monoliths.

This…

But a separate “Neverending Monolith Run” with fixed static modifiers (same for everyone for every round) could be fun… See who can get the farthest on the exact same quest list with the exact same modifiers - and the devs could change the maps & modifier order every “season”.

Yes i am aware of that

I know this sound contradictory, but i think it’s less about how usefull the actualy measurement is, to determine “who is the best”, but it’s more about the general fun in pushing echoes.

Having some measurement system in place would be great IMO.

And even if this would not become a whole Leaderbaord System, we at least should get some fun stats in the Timeline overview, with all of those stats, like "highest echo conquered, highest boss killed

Yeah, that was something i already suggested some time ago. (I think on discord though)

Marvel Heroes did something with “hard scripted”/“fixed seeds” short biweekly challenges.
Every challenge had a different restriction (like movement skill share a cooldown; all skills have less area; skills that cost ressources cost way more ressources, but skills that generate ressources regenerate more etc.)

It doesn’t have to be that drastic and your suggestion is already also very good.

As i stated in my OP, i am aware, that the modifiers are pretty random, but still i would like that system

I’m not a competitive player and you would probably never see my appear in the leaderboard, but I find the idea rather interesting. Sure the modifiers can change the deal, but it’s a matter of choice and decision making, so it’s part of the challenge. I’m sure it can be something interesting for competitive players or for people who want to somehow benchmark builds that are not suitable for Arena.

No this wont work, for multiple reasons in this game currently, you cant just slap a ladder on it

I competed on D3 ladder and it was highest level clear + time limit of 15 minutes and it was a mega RNG fest trying to push Rank1 as you would just open/close rifts constantly but it had some basic rules such as 100% clearing the map and the boss, which meant layout/mob type was everything and the boss too, plus shitty Pylons

LE has no requirement to kill anything unless its a mini boss, Forge…Spire…

• People will just sneak around avoiding mobs to the objective, lure them away
  • People will gear/skill switch to cheese mono’s
  • Since its ‘highest’ theres no bossing and just monoliths arent a representation of a proper build. Once again in D3 you needed to kill the boss and clear the rift in 15 minutes so you needed a balanced setup. Crusader could clear a rift in 7.5 mins and spend more on a boss

While it would be a good addition to the game it needs a separate game mode…like the way D3 did

1 Like

You make an unfortunate but valid point that I in my naivety didnt think of… People are going to try and break the system to get to the top spot and unlike Arena, the MoF ladder concept will be difficult to police no matter how it could be implemented…

Sometimes the human race really is a little disappointing… Hmm… Going to have to go watch
Random Acts of Kindness on youtube to improve my mood… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Of course people will come up with creative ways to cheese as much as possible.

But pulling mobs will result them to chase you until the end of the echo.
And if you can’t clear the objective until they reach you you have problems BIG TIME.

Some of the objectives rather take some time (especially the forges)

Pulling a few mob packs in empowered echoes without dealing with them properly is already dangerous in Echo 20-30.

But i do see the concerns.

Having a timelimit somehow would be also a great idea to at least mitigate some cheesing.

As i suggested, there might be another leaderboard for highest echo count boss kill too.

That was my first thought as well. But, in truth Arena is not much different. There are easy waves and hard waves. Over a 200+ wave run (the current Ladder range), you are guaranteed to overcome some challenging waves. RNG may give you a 5 or 7 wave bump up at the end of your run, but I don’t think it will completely change whether you make it on the Leaderboard or not, unless your ceiling is right around rank #100 (and we don’t really have to worry whose ranked #100).

I like the idea of having separate ladders for Arena and MoF since they are different beasts.

EHG could also add a “Competitive” tier of MoFs that qualifies you for ladder that has more control over the modifier choices (so less RNG between participants and what they have to overcome). Such a tier could have an enrage mechanic built in after X amount of time passes to address the “cheesing” issue discussed elsewhere in this thread. We already have Normal and Legendary, so it’s not a complete stretch for them to add a third option.

1 Like

That’s a cool idea, make a individual “difficulty” of each timelines with all the stuff, to make them as fair and equal as possible for everyone.

If something like this becoems a thing, the question should be how much exp/loot do they give. But that’s probably a discussion for another time

I would also really like to see something like this.
I really miss chaining a high number of Mono’s, for one.
And a Leaderboard for something like that would be an easy, additional way to engage players.

Also, completely agree with these points.
They would be nice QoL for the current Mono System.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.