Suggestion: Add Online Features to Offline Mode

Hi everyone,

I’ve been thinking about how offline play in games can be improved to give players a more realistic experience of what online gaming is like, especially for those who might not have regular internet access. One idea that crossed my mind is to simulate online-specific features in offline mode.

It would be great to have an option where offline mode could mimic certain online conditions such as lag spikes, random disconnects, and even those notorious LE-xxx error messages. This could serve multiple purposes: helping players practice dealing with interruptions common in online play, or simply adding a layer of challenge and unpredictability that mimics the online environment.

What do you all think? Could this feature enhance your offline gaming experience, or help you prepare better for online sessions? Let’s discuss the potential benefits or downsides to this idea.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

1 Like

This forum user right here, officer.

Why would that ever be needed? Is this a shitpost? Offline is meant to enjoy a game by yourself without ever having to get disrupted by those issues.

Sorry if I missed the sarcasm, the idea of that happening just shocked/angered me too much haha

Assuming this is a serious post, this is what mods are for. It shouldn’t be a part of the game, it should be a mod that changes the game to do this.

I agree completely. And to further add to the offline experience, they could allow you to party with others, chat & trade, for the full online experience. But offline.

3 Likes