Stun Avoidance scaling

To never die, not once, yes you do. As you said ‘…Most of the time’. Most is the operative word.
But even trying to avoid wont work infinitely, unless you live in a vacuum. Ask any hardcore player if they honestly expect to never die to a stun, freeze, death effect, off-screen effect… Starting to think ya trolling a bit (sorry if not, just starting to seem like it).

I am typically a HC player and people dying is part of what makes it great, shows the strong from the weak. Of course dying to BS is the last thing you would want to see. You see stun as a mechanism of sure death eventually which to me, seems more of a personal hate for mechanic.

The only way there will be a sure death that is inevitable is where you get to a point where you shouldn’t be there and ideally, I would think the goal for most games is that you should always need to progress and never need to get to that state.

You have players able to push absurd high levels that are far far out of what is expected to be possible, where no matter what you do, same outcome. That is the same thing with a stun mechanic that you see.

If it is in place, there will be ways to assist and aid to assure you do not 100% die from a stun, even with mobs around it. Mobs around it just be a higher chance to die.

Of course if you go in with lack of resistance, low armors, low hp, etc. you will most likely die during a stun duration.

Exploiting bugs to reach high content still doesn’t disprove the mathmatical certainty. Even those players will die eventually, to stun or something else. A multi-dimensional graph consisting of every defensive option on each axis will never have a peak that reaches infinity.

EDIT: excepting actual immortality, which I think may have been a bug for a bit in this game haha.

That’s the point though, you should/will never be able to reach that peak where no matter how you build will allow 100% death to happen before season ending and/or your lifetime of playing.

Sure, you can have your character grinding the same realm 24/7 for the next 10 years and you will hit that peak. Possible? Yes, switching out people. Realistically? Won’t happen.

The peak doesn’t exist, unless its a bug. Literally cant be reached, getting immunity in every direction. I give up, but they explain it here, might help:

Probably: Understanding Probability Can Help Improve Your Decisions | MONTAG Wealth Management.

“The probability of a low probability event [death by stun] occurring at least once increases dramatically as the number of events [fighting mobs] increases”

Basically, the more you play, the more likely death by effect (stun) will occur. Regardless of the probability of that stun. It’s the number of events in which it can occur.

Maybe someone else can explain it better, dont think I’m good at it I guess.

Apologies to the OP, so tangential.

I think a lot of mechanisms is possible to not happen in our lifetime of playing… I actually know many folks that have never died in hc d2 if that applies… All sorts of craziness … stygian dolls, souls, ancients fire explosion 1shot, etc. Not even thorns when it use to be in chaos.

because no game has anything like that even diablo 4 reomve stun and poe have stun imunity

Diablo 2 as hit-recovery, which is a bit similar. You get hit and aren’t able to perform actions unless you recover, which takes time.
Yes, PoE has stun, and one can get immunity. It also has freeze. And I have played many builds that weren’t one or the other, but at least I had potions against freeze.
Grim Dawn and Titan Quest both have stun, too.
I don’t remember if there were debilitating CC effects for players in Sacred 1 or 2.

But yours wasn’t even a qualified answer to why CC effects should not apply to player characters in PvE games as a very generalized statement.

I discovered that you can gain stun immunity by spamming teleport.
It is nice to be able to fight closer to the enemies like I wanted, but it makes me miss when I could choose when to teleport instead of just spamming it.

I just wish that picking up Stun Avoidance was actually effective against small-hit stuns.

u even know wht stun avoidance means?

Are we talking about “stun avoidance” mechanics in various games, or in LE specifically?
To remind you:

That said, this time your reply was not even an attempt to answer why there should be no crowd control in PvE games. You can do better, I’m sure.