Stay in place during attack key

Please add a “stay in place during attack” keyboard function. Preferably to the Shift key by default. This has been a staple in ARPGs for years. It would really help to attack around AoE telegraphs and on boss fights that require precise movements.

I know there’s the checkbox to set whether your character moves to target while attacking or not, but the ability to quickly swap between both options allows one better flexibility during combat. Thanks!

1 Like

There is one, but it’s bugged for now. You were able to change the left click (move only, move and attack, etc) and shift would do that. We have to wait until they fix it.

1 Like

Didn’t they say they had fixed this in 1.0.1 patch?
I remember reading it on notes but haven’t tried it yet.

I don’t remember seeing that in patch notes. Went back and checked and didn’t find it. I might have missed it, but I don’t think so.

Here, 1.0.1 notes, Misc section:

• Fixed Move Or Break Destructible left click option not working

Ahh, so are you saying there was one, but it’s bugged, so for now we just have the checkbox?

I had just kind of let the option go until I started doing harder Julra fights, so I hadn’t looked into it.

I hadn’t noticed that. It seems they fixed changing the left click option, but we still don’t get shift+attack for staying in place, which we had before 1.0.

I miss the shift-to-stay option, too.

Yeah, it’s greatly missed, honestly. It’s like having an e break for your character, lol.

Just tested it.
Apparently it’s only partially fixed. If you hold left click then press shift, nothing happens.
But if you hold shift THEN hold left-click, it works.

Edit: and even it this works properly, it’s only partially useful also. It will not suffice it for players who have more than a single damaging attack they wish to hold shift with.
They really should just add a keybind to force stand still, a customizable one.

1 Like

On a very similar note, do we know why they don’t allow for binding a skill rather than default attack on left click?
I mean, if the idea is to limit to 5 skills, they could simply force it to be a skill bound to another key, and disable removing it from that other key as long as it’s bound to left click?
It’s so much more practical to have skills on left, right, extra-left, extra-right and middle mouse buttons.

You can do that… That’s the whole purpose of what DJ brought in.
You can customize you left button action with any skill that’s in your bar, which will be used if you left click while mousing over an enemy or holding shift (not working properly tho).

1 Like

I might be missing something, but I don’t think that functionality is working either. I tried to bind my right-click ability to left click earlier and it would just move without attacking.

The way it’s working is that you change the left click to move or attack and a new row will appear, where you select one of the 5 skills. Now, when you shift+left click, it will execute that one. It’s clunky and not working properly. And it will only do that for that skill, rather than for any.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I did. The right click ability clearly shows at the top right corner of the left-click hotkey, but it’s not attacking under any setting.

It’s really clunky. If you hold left click all the time it doesn’t work consistently. Try mousing over something before pressing left button, then it will attack.

I think the conclusion here is that the system isn’t working properly and should be changed.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll post a video of it later. I’m trying every possible combination and also switched out the abilities and none of them are working.

My bad, the UI wasn’t very clear. That’s great news! :smile:

For me it is working like this:

If I hold LMB it just keeps walking no matter what I do. It will not attack when mousing over or pressing shift.
If I hold shift before holding LMB, it will keep attacking in place until I release shift but will not attack again until i release both buttons and press shift first again.
If I mouse over then click LMB, it will attack one time and will not continue if you don’t release the button.
If I keep mousing over different enemies and tapping LMB it will stutter-attack in a very clunky way, but apparently the only way to possibly use this feature atm.

So, it seems to me that’s an issue with LMB button click itself.
Apparently it only records the first action it’s supposed to do and it can only be changed if a new first action is inputted (e.g: release LMB and press it again after holding shift first or mousing over a new enemy)