Stash tabs merged/bugged (video)

This happened to me as well, i recently got LE, and after playing some time with my first character, i decided to try another one, this wasnt here on the first charater, but on the second one when i entered the first area with chest to get some items, i saw this happened, i dont know if this will be helpful or not

I just had a bug that linked a new category with an old one. I messed around with it Trying to fix it, but I couldn’t. I thought I worked around it by making a new category and putting everything in the new one. But when I logged back into the game the bugged categories were back and the category I created and moved all my items into disappeared taking all my items with it. Anything new on this bug?

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

There is nothing new on this issue…

It cannot be solved in-game and its pretty difficult (for non programmer / data types) to edit the actual Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta file to correct the issue… (the tabs & categories are at the end of the file) Essentially (as you have seen from the other thread you also posted in), you need to have unique category ids and then assign tabs to those valid categories… if you do not have unique ids for each category or have tabs linked to missing categories then it no longer works…

So…if the backup _temp version of the file is also messed up (you can replace the non-temp one)… then the only way you can fix it is manually by editin the text file…

i got the same bug then another bug more anoying appeared … two of my tabs combined and all items for one of them are completly lost… i have just twice the same tab now… btw i have lost ~100 unique items… i am really disappointed… how can i get back all those items ? i have lost so many hours of farming…
Edit: even if i remove all items from the twin tabs i am not able to delete one the tab… so it seems that my unique tab still exists but it turned into the one it combined with

There is no way to fix this without manually editing your stash file and correcting the categoryID & tabID matches…(see above)… It is very likely that all your missing tabs and items are still in the file, just mis-labled so the game cannot recreate the stash properly.

If you try to edit the files, you do this at your own risk (so make backups) and its probably not allowed in the ToS…

Unless you have a backup of your files, there is nothing else that you can do to get it back…

Hi thx for the reply.
Even if i cant take back my items, is there a way to fix my chest ? because i don’t want to put my items in it now, i am afraid to have the same bug and lose them again…

No other way to fix things right now that I know of…

you can read through what others have done above and see if their workarounds solve it for you…

i manage to fix the bug by changing with a logical suite the “category ID” in the Global data file.
i had my combined stash tabs with the same ID number, the problem was here.
I just hope i wont have problems with the ToS, because it is not for cheating but for solving a bug

It is a beta, the trick is only for a fix, it should be OK.

seems like there’s still no solution to this problem, I guess I will have to wait for a bit, too much time and effort to move tabs, and still ended up unable to split the dupe and delete it.

There is no in-game solution to the cause of the problem yet… nor is there an in-game solution to correct the corrupted stash beyond the workarounds mentioned…

If you are willing to edit your stash file manually and correct the IDs (as indicated above and in linked threads), then you can fix this issue.

Be warned however - if you do nothing… it is not know if a future version of the game that stops this problem from occuring will be able to “revert” an already “corrupted stash”.

Had the same bug today for my solo character. Just posting so the thread doesn’t close till its fixed.

This has been happening to me as well. I have been unable to fix it after trying to do so for weeks.

Thanks for all the reports throughout this thread! We’re still looking into this issue on our end.

1 Like

I had all kinds of weird things happen in my stash today.
I was reorganizing, creating new folders, moving stash tabs from previous folders into the new ones.

I may have triggered it by dragging a folder into another folder, but I am not sure.

I currently have two folders pointing at the same stash tabs. They have different labels and colors, but if I right click the “second folder” I get the properties from the first one.

I restarted the game and went away for a while. When coming back, the bonus folder had moved and changed name. The “new name” and color matched the name of a previous folder that I tried to get rid of.

Previously, I tried to empty the “original bonus folder” by moving content to a new one, and then delete it, but the bugged folder attached itself to another folder instead. Still bugged, but pointing at the content of a different one. (Not the one having the previous stash tabs moved)

In the “quick view” list the “bugged” tab appears empty. But right click here still open the info from the other one.

Just got this bug. My stash tabs are merged ;/

fyi: simpler way to understand what is happening and how to fix it if you wanted to:

This is still a bug… had it happen to me just a few days ago.

I was going to make a tab and hit “Cancel” and that ended up linking it to the tab in front of it.

Yip. Its still a bug and until the devs formally let us know, there is no real indication of when it will be fixed… The only guess is that is will be fixed with MP because everything will be server side and the devs are unlikely going to want to be fixing everyones stash files on their end.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.