Stash tab category and sub tabs gone after logout, new empty Category 1 tab instead

What did I expect?: To login and have my game stash state preserved as it was in previous session.

What happened: I logged in and found that my category containing my 2 unique tabs, my set tab, my experimental tab and maybe others is no longer visible. Instead there is a new Category 1 category that I don’t believe I created and it is empty.

Additional Info: I have only played offline on US-West and only SC no SSF or other options.
I believe I am missing ~6 tabs based on the stash file. The individual stash files in the directory start with 0_0 and the last is 0_18 which would be 19 tabs but I only count 13 in the remaining visible categories.

I also haven’t exited or done anything in game yet as I’m worried any action might wipe out any chance of recovery I have.

Debug Files

le_graphicsmanager.ini (482 Bytes)
Player.log (68.8 KB)
Player-prev.log (1.1 MB)
LE Saves Directory Zip - LE_Backup.zip (148.6 KB)

I can include additional screenshots if you need but it’s difficult to show what is not there. I don’t have any screens for before and after. There should be another Category I think it was labeled ‘U’ and I believe it was probably the Unique brown color. That’s the one that is missing.

Special-Items-Category-Gone

This is an absolutely devastating bug, please let me know if I can fix this.

Thanks, Trazz

P.S. The forum wouldn’t let me submit my original bug post because it says new users can’t post more than 5 links. You might want to fix that because that’s about how many a user submitting all the requested information is going to have. Additional files in the 1st Re: To this below.

Additional data the forum wouldn’t let me include in original post.
DxDiag.txt (123.1 KB)
STASH_0.txt (9.3 KB)

I was able to fix this myself after some more research.
Thanks to this post Reddit - Dive into anything

I went ahead pressed the add new category button. Before I could even rename it the new category filled with the contents from the missing category.

Based on the reddit content, the bug has something to do with removing empty categories. This is entirely possible for me as multiple times I have hit the + next to category when I was intending to hit the + next to tabs to buy a new one, and then I would remove the category it created as a result of my misclick.

TLDR: Don’t delete empty categories, at least for now.

recover

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.