Start Game from Steam and Login

Why does it take so long to start the game as well as just getting to the char screen? I mean everything works but it literally takes me more than 3-5 minutes just to get the game to load up, then from login, takes around 2 minutes of loading in to the character screen. Its been like that since this patch and I know im not the only 1. Especially with a fast PC so its not me or my end. This PC can run the Pentagon if it wanted too. Any suggestions or known reasons?

3-5 mins is quite a long time, itā€™s only taking ~20 seconds for me to get to the login screen then <5 to get to the character screen and another ~13s to zone in to the end of time. I definitely canā€™t ā€œrun the pentagonā€ on my machine (Ryzen 3800X, 2070 super & a Samsung 840 EVO SSD) so itā€™ll be either your pc or your isp.

while i appriciate your feedback @Llama8 , again, it is not my PC nor my ISP, non devs usually say that first just as you said, its either your PC or ISP. Thats really funny. But then could it be my end when Im running:

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
  • Memory: 32 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: SSD with 3TB GB space
  • Internet: 400mbps speed (Spectrum ISP)

I was only kidding about it running the pentagon butā€¦ itll run most game on the highest settings. Therefore, my questions still remains as this is not yet solved and maybe 35% of the community is just lucky? Idk. Maybe it is me but, I feel like it really isnt my end.

Again thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Have you timed how long it actually takes? Iā€™m assuming 3-5 mins is a teensy bit of hyperbole, but if it is that long then #bug-reports.

Zone loading does take substantially longer in MP than pre-0.9, the devs are aware of that & hopefully itā€™s something they can fix 'cause it is annoying as fuck.

Also, LE is more CPU-bound than GFX-bound, so your (much) better gfx card wonā€™t be helping you as much as it would in some games. Though I donā€™t think that would affect loading. I would normally compare CPUs on something like Tomshardware charts, but neither of ours are on their current oneā€¦ :disappointed_relieved:

Sounds about right, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.