Spriggan-Roots Of Vithrasil interaction

In human form if you have no boots or other boots equipped and then go into Spriggan form, the “You cannot move while in Spriggan form” does not apply if you equip Roots Of Vithrasil

Replicate;
Be in human form with any boots that is not Roots Of Vithrasil/no boots
Go into Spriggan Form
Equip Roots of Vithrasil
Move freely

The “you cannot move while in Spriggan form” only applies if you have the boots equipped before transforming due to how effects are snapshot.

Ok, so are you saying it’s not a bug and is working as intended? If so, good to know and thanks.

Yes, just not ideal.

This is a known issue. Thanks for the report.

I just found this bug as well, but also noticed it is bugged in “reverse” as well. Meaning when I took the boots off and changed from spriggan into human form I was still frozen when I changed to regular boots.

I’m curious if the intent is to encourage/force the player to keep swapping back and forth between forms, and if so, are the bonuses really that good to require that style of play?

Our recent change to these unique boots was to resolve players abusing snapshotting bonuses that were meant to be balanced around a significant downside. If you do not want to be rooted, I would advise interacting with the mechanic correctly.

1 Like

Maybe this is better suited in Feedback discussion? I did some testing an it just seemed like the bonuses you refer to either aren’t working correctly either, or just don’t feel worth the downside. The number on the dps went up a lot with the boots equipped but I found in practice it didn’t seem to be killing much faster, and I couldn’t tell visually if I was getting additional thorns to shoot. In my head I would think the downside of being rooted and unable to dodge would make you a killing machine for those moments, but it really didn’t play out that way. YMMV.