Spriggan form cant directly cast Entangling roots?

Anyone else find this odd?

You are playing a tree/plant form, and cant cast this tree/plant ability directly?
(unless im completely missing something)

I think that it would have been interesting for them to allow it to be a swappable spriggan skill while in that form. IE: you give up one of the other spiggan abilities on your bar to have it.

1 Like

Top right side of the spriggan form skill tree. you must summon vale spirits using spirit thorns who will then cast entangling roots for u. Your spriggan summon will also cast it for you if you spec it to.

It’s the direct cast, that is not possible as spriggan which is OP mentioning i guess. In relation to the whole nature/tree theme.

Yea that is correct. Irritated me as well. Also not being able to activate my creatures active spells,. But if you dig around, you find ways to activate everything from within the shapeshift if you so desire. :slight_smile:

I would love to have this option, hopefully there is some adjustment in this realm.

Adjusting Valetide could work too. Reducing the number of vale spirits needed to cast Entangling Roots with each point would make more sense to me as a quick solution to this option.

1 Like

Actually no, the summon spriggan skill is ensnaring roots, not entangling roots.

I saw the summonable spriggan ability… its called Ensnaring Roots, not Entangling… so Im guessing that it doesnt gain any enhancements from your entangling root tree (similar to how the spriggan doesnt get any vine bonuses from you either)

valetide

this is the node in the spriggan transformation.

It works fine, but it takes long. You clearly can’t spam Entangling Roots! We could use a way to reduce the amount of hits necessary before proc.

If they did that they’d need to give it a Rage cost.

I believe it does? Should cost 40 rage, but a single point in the node gives 30 back for a net loss of 10. That said you can cast it fairly quick if you use totem bombs, like once every 2-3 seconds depending on cycle of life procs.

EDIT: Just tried it, it doesn’t seem to be costing Rage even though the tooltip says it should. I’d guess it’s a bug.

Explain totem bombs please

I’m sure someone better than me can get more details but essentially the following:

Spriggan form - take the nodes down to 1/3 unbound garden. This lets you use thorn totem’s tree and summon “exactly” 3 totems max, but 3 per summon. Get 3/3 cycle of life so that when a totem “dies”, you get a 60% chance at a vale spirit. Then at least 1 point into valetide.

Summon thorn totem - Get 3/3 Memories of Etera. Everytime a totem dies or is unsummoned, you get 12 mana back. Since healing totem for spriggan uses this tree and you summon 3 each time, this is 36 rage, offsetting the cost of healing totem itself. Then take rotten core that “blows up” totems when they die or are unsummoned.

Summon speed is important to, so I like 3/3 Frenetic attunement in thorn totem’s tree. You already have to take 4/4 in Totem Warden, so that is covered anyway.

Basically, you spam 3 totems as fast can, blowing up 3 each time after the first set in a small triangle. Centered on enemies, it stacks poison pretty well. At the same time it generates rage and counts as totem deaths to summon vale spirits. Right now I only have 1/3 valetide, but it generally only takes 2-3 rounds of totems to get max valespirits, which takes like 1-2 seconds. Then cast spirit thorns for the entangling roots proc.

There needs to be a cost, whichever. But Rage? The nodes gives Rage back, so it would be as if it was free. But yes, there needs to have a cost.

I don’t know if the node Unbond Garden is buged or not but even with 1 point in Memories of Etera i could spam Healing Totem and regen back my Rage.

My guess is that the node doesn’t change the cost of Healing Totem even if you summon three at once: 12 mana spend - 4 x 3 Rage back = 0.

It doesn’t really matter anyway because if we use the Healing Totem for Valespirits engine we don’t have much to take in his tree in the first place.

I’m currently running around doing this, but my focus is more on minion damage and buffing that. I use entangling roots to keep up the rather massive buffs it gives to vines, spriggans, remaining totems, etc. That said it’s too early to tell if it’s “good” or not, but it functionally works.

I think valetide takes too long. It’s counterintuitive that more points in the skill makes it take longer to use. I guess it’s a bit of bonus since you don’t want to put more then 1 point in it, but still ultimately slow. I tried using cycle of life, but while it works pretty well, it’s still pretty slow and it takes a tone of points to get the thing working. 6 points for thorn totems, 9 points for the valetide plus cycle of life. That is way too much investment just to be able to use entangling roots slowly. Not to mention that spamming your totems means they won’t get buffed by entangling roots, so that aspect is removed.

All in all, I don’t like the method they used to give access to entangling roots, it’s too expensive and slow.

2 Likes

I totally agree.
But the issue is that Entangling Roots is very powerful, so there needs to be a kind of cost or gate to it.

Entangling roots cast from valetide is terrible. A direct comparison is werebear form woodland bear, requiring only half the time to cast entangling roots. 1 maul 1 entangling roots, 100% chance.

So going from my original suggestion:

Allow Entangling Roots to be cast directly from your hotbar in Spriggan Form, like it normally would be while in human form (ie: has a full cast cost to use)

Simply give players the option of replacing one of the other spriggan skills with it. IE: you remove thorn shield, or healing totem, or Vines, etc.