Spires should not instantly shoot at the player during loading in an Echo

See Video for Example: Spires Insta Shooting in Echo - YouTube

1 Like

The problem here is that you have skills on autocast. You have a grace period where you are invulnerable when entering the zone, but that goes away after a specified period of time or when you take action. When your skills cast, that’s your action that is ending your grace period.

EDIT: It’s also what’s causing the spires to fire on you.

Pets can also cause this to happen because they seem to load in before the player and if there’s an enemy with in it’s threat range the go attack.

There’s a bunch of really weird stuff that happens, I’ve noticed, on load in to new zones. Watching your tool bar, cooldowns seem to start, but then after a moment (it seems to be random duration as I haven’t gotten the same time each) they refresh and some come available and some actually DO go on cooldown.

2 Likes

Yes you are correct, but in this instance it was his autocast which triggered it.

The whole combat system should be on hold until you can actually do everything with your skills. The skill cooldown I think it tied to the loading of your character in the zone but that should happen before anything can happen.

No mobs (of any type), or minions/allies/pets should be able to do anything until the zone is completely loaded. In my opinion the zone should not show up until everything is fully loaded, but I’m not the programmer trying to make that happen.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.