Spells dont really crit much?

Basically the question is, am i missing a source of added crit chance for spells ?
I am playing a devouring orb void knight. I don’t see added crit anywhere, only increased, and it seems so unworthy without any added critt. It would take a load of affixes just to get critt to a sad 30% or so.

The two most common froms of base critical strike chance are a) skill spec trees or b) Off-Hand Catalysts(For Spells) & Weapons (Mostly for melee but Daggers also can have generic base crit).

Skill Spec Tree does not apply in Devouring Orbs case
So the best best way to get good base critical strike chance for it would be using a catalyst (the most high tier one has up to 6%)

There are a couple more sources that are more specific, for example set or unique items like Locket of the Forgotten Knight.

As a general note: Not every skill has good crit support and in DO’s case it makes sense because the skill has a lot of raw damage support.

But that is kinda the interesting part, that many skills incentivize different ways of building around them.

3 Likes

Thank you, that was helpful, so its either to block or to critt basically.

Or more flat damage with a staff.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.