[SPELLBLADE] Blade weaver not applying bonus damage to triggered spells

Blade weaver bonus damage is not being applied to the spells triggered by the attack that consumed the stacks.

Tested with Surge and Lightning Blast. I´m not entirely sure if its not applied to any of the triggered casts of lightning blast or if its applied to the first and not to the rest, but, for me, looks like its not being applied to any of the procs.

My skillpoints didn´t allowed me to test if the damage of volkas blade is being applied correctly too, but i didn´t see any increase in LB damage proced by Surge too, so it is probably bugged too for triggered spells.

The passive says “When you use a melee attack that costs 10 or more mana the stacks are consumed and the attack deals…” which is pretty clear that it’s just the consuming attack that should do more damage so I’d assume it’s probably coded as “more melee damage”. Spells are not attacks.

Press alt when hovering the skills. The more information says:
“The bonus damage also affects the damage dealt by all the ailments the attack applies and the spells it triggers from the tree”.

So, it´s not “pretty clear” as you said and is buged or bad writed on the skill tooltip.

Llama8 is indeed correct.

To offer an example of what the note you have cited refers to, Flame Reave’s specialization tree has a node called Catalyst of Ash which gives Flame Reave a chance to proc Fireball.

Alt explanations should be regarded as supplementing, rather than contradicting, what the regular tooltip states and so if the tooltip states the skill must be an attack, it must be one.

2 Likes

The lightning blast I´m referring to is the ones proced by Stormbringer and Electropulse nodes on SURGE specialization skill. Surge is stated as a “lightning, MELEE, moviment, inteliggence” skill, so it uses the blade weaver stacks and the lightning blasts is proced by the skill use because of the nodes mentioned above.
I´m not stating that lightning blasts casted by the player should benefit from blade weaver, but according to the tooltip, the Lightning Blasts PROCED by Stormbringer and Electropulse nodes on the Surge specialization tree should get the benefict.
What is the difference between fireball procs from Flame Reaver tree and Lightning Blasts procs from surge tree?

nothing, IMHO, I think OP is right

OP is correct, both Lightning Blast and Static are cast part of the Surge skill tree and are not benefiting from the Bladeweaver Passive as stated in the alt text.

Can also confirm that it is not affecingt Fire Aura triggered by Storm Battery.

The Alt-Text on the Lightning Blast in the Surge tree is the skill that is used. Lightning Blast in this tree does not have the Melee tag so it wouldn’t gain the benefit from Blade Weaver, even though Surge itself has a Melee tag.

And yet the text on Blade Weaver is that any spell proc’d by a consuming melee skill will benefit from Blade Weaver.

1 Like

Ah ok, we’ll check things on our end.

Exactly, the tool tip says that the bonus damage is applied to ALL ailments it applies and the spells it triggers from its trees.