SpeedRunning Bleeding Warpath Paladin Tank 0.8.1b

Any thoughts on this since we can’t use 4 Huge idols anymore?

Thanks you so much for all the GREAT work!
I saw you recommend this build in your top build video. Is it still good with the news Idols settings, as we cannot stack the 1x4 Idol? What do you suggest to look for on the idols?

Well, I don’t think it is as good as it was. I am running it now. I am at level 92 and doing Empowered. The build works great up until Empowered where it struggles, at least for me. I am not uber-geared but do have both the Undisputed axe and the Chalice and a few nice other pieces. Only using one of the 1x4 idols with other idols mainly having bleed, bleed duration, phys damage, phys damage overtime. Didn’t have any real trouble with bosses through the three 90’s echos, other than learning the fights. But it is not the tankiest build and with the loss of the damage from the three 1x4 idols makes it more vulnerable, at least for me.

Any updates for this build ?
Seems that after 0.8.2 I keep running out of mana quite fast.

Farm until you get the Wings of Argentus, that should help a ton.

thanks for the guide , will try this build out for my first last epoch playtrough ^^

Is there a leveling guide or something like that?

Just hit L93 with this build, definitely my favourite so far, and im going to push on and see how far I can take it… here are my findings/notes for any new players:

• The 3 Uniques are very important to the Build, its really not an ideal choice for a 1st character, but I actually had none of the uniques when I started and still had a lot of fun levelling, much more so than my L90 mage (which was a glass cannon).

• I used a big Physical Damage 2H Weapon for most of the time, I had some purples in my stash, but even if you dont… you can craft big damage weapons as you go (dont forget blunt weapons dont bleed)… just stacking physical damage and leech… if anything it was stronger than a poorly itemised bleed build… early on anyway.

• While levelling, I recommend stacking your Health high… like 1800-2000HP, enough so that you can take a boss mechanic to the face, as your damage is still low and without the 40% less damage chestplate, its a delicate balance to leeching damage back & not running out of potions… and you need tonnes of leech to try and replenish such a big Health pool…

• I highly highly recommend getting the final sentinel skill to 5/5 ‘Blademaster’ it was a big damage increase, and once you have the axe and/or relic, put ‘Increased Bleed Effect’ on your chest & helm… this was another big jump in damage. but its a rare affix shard.

• There was good power progression, as I got 1/3 then 2/3 then 3/3 uniques, the build got better and better… I had to run empowered God Hunter 9 times to get the chest to drop (it actually dropped with the 1h sword, not instead of), it can be a little scary without the chest piece, but honestly its such a strong character, much stronger than my mage, as you can spin out of mechanics, and leave a bleed dot on a scary mob, and it all works well. The 40% damage reduction chest obviously is an incredible change, I think Ill drop HP back down now that I FINALLY have it…

• Skill Note: To avoid needing numlock and since im relatively lazy, and… had 0/3 uniques… I went with some extra sigils to give me some sort of cheat death buffer… I mean its not amazing, but it made me feel a little better… I just periodically hit ‘SigilsOfHope>VolatileReversal’ for a mana free sigil, and even though I normally hate these sort of mechanics, it turned out to be a life saver… as a 2nd targetless teleport/lunge to get out of a bad spot, even if you don’t end up where you planned! I also recommend 2 charges on Lunge for extra movement. Great build thx Boardman!

1 Like

Hi,
Kinda new (returning after a hiatus) here. Just started the Fates - wow, that’s changed.

1. What blessings would you recommend.
  2. I have a couple of “Eye of Reen” in my old stash - would this work … respec into Fire/Buring damage, rather than Bleed … and what skills/passives changes would you suggest ?
    Thanks … very helpful build and post. First deathless run (so far).
    Thank again - very helpful videos / guides Boardman. Keep up the good work.

PS. Still don’t have any of the uniques.

I’m looking to play this build as my first endgame character. Would you recommend following the " 1 to 75 Sentinel to Paladin Shield Throw 0.8.1i guide you made then switching to this build? Or should I just level up using the skills you have listed and figure it out as I play?

Thanks!

Anything is ok honestly! For me I wanted to be whirlwinding around (ie not playing a different build), and it worked ‘acceptably’… but you wont be able to get bleed happening till you get 1 maybe 2 of the uniques… so just use a 2H that hits very hard instead… or go the stronger build from the levelling guide!

Do try to learn how to use item filters as you level up, by maybe 40 or 50, you can setup some good filters to get better drops in preperation. The unique chest though I wouldnt count on, thats very much an endgame farm thing! GL!

1 Like

Boardman will soon prepare a 1 to 75 Paladin Warpath guide, if I understood correctly. You may want to wait for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.