Speed scaling Cascade Dancer - huge guide

What are your thoughts on the unique Gladiator’s Oath replacing one of the katana? Also why not use the higher level Dawn blades over Katana?

Katanas give crit multi and Rogues basically always crit.

What does a BIS helmet look like now?

Gladiator’s Oath is quite inferior to a Katana in every regard. Is OK for leveling though, until you get a decent katana.

Llama8 explained it perfectly: Dawn blade has 10 physical flat more and same speed, but katana has a huge critical multiplier, more than makes up for it in a crit build.

The same as in the guide, I will repeat myself, was on my latest post with thoughts on the changes:

“There’s some new flexibility while gearing up: we got a helmet with up to 12% cooldown recovery, and the new rings, up to 10%, that also has +2 to all attributes. Still we prefer crit multi on helmet and cover half of a resistance with rings, but these are not bad.”

By the way, don’t think about using this build on multiplayer, Dancing strikes does not work properly, and shift has half a second on place on the start of the cast, that can lead to up to 1 second rooted in place, that kills sync strike into shift, and well, and any rogue build that doesn’t overkill the content ^^

Ahh I see, no wonder in multiplayer it felt very wonky. So for Belt do you go for cooldown reduction, clear ailments on potion , health , hybrid health?

Hybrid Health, Increased Health and Cooldown Reduction are all on suffixes and we only have two slots:

Cleanse and Mana regen for prefixes.
Increased Health and Cooldown Reduction for Suffixes.

Updated the build guide for 0.9, with the changes, a new planner, the new equipment choices, the new movement / CDR stuff and multiplayer avoidance recommendation at the end.

Hi, does Leveraged Momentum and Crushing Darkness not negate themselves? How does it work together?
Nice Guide i love the way it plays :slight_smile:

Crushing Darkness only affects your attack animation in the end, you still retain the attack speed number behind. Because we never cast Shadow cascade directly, we bypass the problem. I tested this specifically some time ago to be sure.

Thanks.

1 Like

Would you mind expanding on your explanation of why Crushing Darkness doesn’t counter the attack speed scaling? I didn’t completely understand but am very interested in how that works.

Here it goes:

Crushing darkness says: no longer scales with attack speed: this means, in other words, if you cast shadow cascade manually, the attack animation will be like if you had 100% melee attack speed, this doesn’t make melee attack speed = 100% for shadow cascade, only affect the attack animation. As long as you don’t cast it directly is all fine, and cascade goes off shift or dancing strikes so there’s no issue.

Leveraged momentum at max: you gain 0.6% more damage per 1% increased attack speed. As the skill is tagged as melee, so your melee attack speed applies. With all the passives and attack speed on gloves you already have about 100% increased melee attack speed, that translates into 60% more damage. This goes way up as you stack the 25% attack speed from the 3s buff you get from sync strike, and the 15-30% attack speed you get from Rhythm passive, because these are higher applied to katanas 1.2 speed you can do near double damage with leverage momentum alone.

I hope is clear enough.

1 Like

Thanks! So basically, Crushing Darkness doesn’t stop scaling by lowering the damage, but by actually reducing the speed of the animation. Since we aren’t casting it manually, the animation speed becomes kind of irrelevant.

Thanks for testing this out and explaining it for us!

Yeah, I had the same fear, that attack speed for shadow cascade was fixed to 100% but it tested it quite a bit and the damage goes way up regardless.

So we don’t want any Uniques in this build? I’m just leveling at the moment but I like this gameplay alot. You talk about not playing in MP, does this mean It should be an offline character entirely?

cheers for the naruto guide!

Blockquote

You can skip uniques entirely. There are options, but most of them involve making them legenedaries with two or more affixes. Uniques that match out build (dual wield, phys, crit) are few and usually take out defensive value, not recommended. There’s a section for uniques that could earn a slot with some LP.

In MP is unplayable because dancing strikes is severely bugged. You could replace it with cinder strike or something like that, but you lose:

• Relying a lot on being constantly in movement and benefiting on the 25% less damage while moving. This is even worse because shift leaves you rooted in place for a fraction of a second.

• You lose the synergy of sync strike and dancing strikes for shadow daggers application.

• You lose the fighting arena, and the shred that dancing strikes applies while you’re waiting for shift.

So, yeah, until they fix rogue in MP is not recommended.

So that’s why dancing strikes feels so frikking weird to use. I thought it was something about my attack speed not being high enough. No way to transfer Online to Offline right?

Thanks for the reply!

Dancing strikes is totally bugged, the third strike takes forever to go off, and there’s a weird frozen animation for one second or so. That alone kills the skill completely. Dancing strikes goes faster the more cooldown reduction you have.

Nope, MP and single player are handled completely separate. Rogue feels so much better on single player.

Is there a loot filter for this build that I could simply use?

Nope, I could make one though, is 10 min. I’ll give it some thought.

That’d be greatly appreciated, thank you.