South African servers

I am sure this has been request before.but we really need south african servers 220-250ms is way to much if i am playing online with my friends we default to minion builds as most melee or other attack options cannot survive the delay at all . then we play offline mode alone when we want to play those builds it kinda sucks .

so if possible south African servers would be amazing.

1 Like

Nah.

i cant be the first to suggest this we have enough arpg people to get a POE server down here .

I thought you South Africans were aware of sarcasm?

1 Like

I remember one of the devs did mention they had their eyes on South African server in a video I saw, which is why I bought the game. No idea when they will officially launch the said “South African server.”

Would be nice to have it soon.

we live in hope

I thought you lived in South Africa?

well living in despair currently but people can move

Do you know da wae?

In The Beninging I did, but I forgot.

As long as you’re not living in a river in Africa.

Won’t lie, was a bit disappointed that South Africa doesn’t have a server, especially since AWS, Azure and Google have data centers here. The cosmetic store at least has localized pricing. Was looking forward to jamming this with the squad. Now it’s going to be a subpar experience.

EHG, you chaps feel like copying across some docker configs to our region please? I know you are currently busy with the launch, but while y’all are logged in, shouldn’t take long. Thanks.

It’s always the same reason : the costs.

Anyone got an idea how much it cost POE to run theirs? I think LE devs have close relations with POE devs, maybe they can liase and discuss.

Remain hopeful.

I’d say the cost is the least prohibitive thing here in comparison with PoE.
PoE first launched the SA server on cloud (Azure) but for their requirements, they required bare metal hosting instead and went through a few iterations with different providers.

With Last Epoch, their entire game is designed around utilizing Docker containers on all 3 major Cloud providers as mentioned above. With this setup, they only pay for what’s used. They don’t need to provision crazy amounts of idle compute time. They just need to enable it as a region.

1 Like

This would be amazing, will take the lag out of alot of the better builds.

good info, this would be amazing if they could as playing offline than online you can really feel the difference of 170ms. Would be nice to have a local South African server.

Just adding that local LE servers would be awesome. PoE is amazing thanks to 15ms.

Yes please can we get SA servers. I’m back and forth from London and South Africa, and I basically need to find a different game to play while in SA (or do pure offline but I would rather play online).

South African servers would be greatly appreciated. I’m having rubber banding issues on 160ms and also getting hit by skills even though I’m not in the aoe circle (Mostly noticeable when getting one shot by bosses). The rubber banding is especially bad when using the teleport skill on mage. I don’t want to play offline as I’m also playing with friends so this would reduce how much I enjoyment I get out of the game. POE already has South African and the difference is very noticeable.