Soul Warden's Road Crash

Hello,

Whenever I try to move to Soul Warden’s Road from Imperial Welryn on my Marksman, my game is crashing. The map area loads up and instantly freezes, until Windows interrupts and closes the program with the “not responding” prompts.

Hey,

Try verifying the game files if you are using Steam…

If this makes no difference, then temporarily set your in-game settings to 1080p, 60fps framerate limited and all in-game settings to very low or disabled… If this works then you can increase the settings back up but keep the framerate limited and dont go above medium on the quality settings.

Those two workaround usually solve crashes on loading new areas/maps.

If this doesnt work, then you may have to provide more details.

Oooops I thought I replied. Put it in the wrong thread!

I was able to resolve this by waypointing to the town in the area instead of going directly to Imperial Welryn from End of Time, then fighting my way there on foot.

Odd workaround :wink: but anything goes with beta games

I’d at least run the verification to make sure the game files are ok and if something like this happens again, try the graphics changes - it usually helps.

There’s a workaround for that, when the game hangs, unplug your speakers/headphones. That forces windows to change sound device which stops the hang.

Noted.

Im using a monitor with built in speakers, my new speakers arrive monday so ill try that then. [The swapping sound output devices while game is launched seems to not work though?]

It doesn’t, no. @EHG_Mike would be able to give more details but what little I understand is that when LE hangs while attempting to load in to that zone is caused by an issue in the sound system and unplugging your current speakers forces windows to change the sound device which, somehow, resolves the hang.

Given your specific example of using built in speakers, are you able to change the sound device in windows at all?

It’s a bit weird for me. Because the speakers I had died, windows defaulted to sound output build into the monitor I have rather than my laptop’s onboard speakers.

Whenever I change sound devices with LE open, it does nothing for the game. I literally have to plug my headphones in beforehand if I plan to use them or the sound will remain on the monitor speakers until I relaunch the game with the headphones active.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.