Some loot filter improvement ideas

I really like how the loot filter can be edited in-game allowing me to change it on the fly as my build and the items I’m looking for develop.
There are, however, a few things that I think would make working with loot filters a lot more convenient.

Making copies of a rule
This would be a big QoL improvement and time saver. Quite often the rules I have to show me gear for a particular item slot for different builds are quite similar. And when I want to show for example items with at least 1 of a set of affix at >=tier 4 OR the total tiers of those affixes >= 8 I have to make two entries that are basically the same. Having the ability to just copy an existing rule in such cases would save a lot of time clicking on checkboxes.

Having multiple entries about affixes within a single rule
Should also include an option to choose conjunction/disjunction. Currently making a more complex search (an example woud be if I want to see gear that has at least 1 affix I want but no more than 1 affix I’ll have to try to hit with a rune of removal) requires a set of multiple rules. Being able to do it in a single one would make loot filters much tidier.

Being able to filter by bases even if I picked multiple item types
Another suggestion that would reduce the number of rules I need to use.

A button for move to top/move to bottom
Not really necessary but with bigger filters the dragging can be a bit of a hassle.

Easier to edit text version of loot filters
I realize this might be a lot of work to implement and I wouldn’t probably even think of it if some of my suggestions above were in the game. But still wold be nice for folks that prefer typing over clicking.

Well, that’s the end of my essay. Please leave a like and a comment :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Some good ideas. Some of them mentioned before as well. You might also want to check out
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/loot-system-too-complicated-to-check-for-upgrades/42086

There has been a recent discussion of the loot filters in that thread :smiley:

This is probably my only pet peeve about the loot filter interface. I make my own filters, per character, based on their needs, but I also have a couple of standard Hide filters that I want every character to have - either immediately or early on in the campaign. Manually duplicating them every time makes me very sad.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.