Some help making a guide

Hello all,

I thought of a guide I’d like to do, but I don’t know how to get pictures or video to post here. How does one do that?

Thanks in advance.

Are we talking a build guide? Or something similar to the Community Game Guide? Or something like Heavy’s Basic Loot Filter guide?

Though, there are certain forum post editing limitations that you’re likely to come across if you need to continuously alter your guide.

There’s also a ton of stuff off-site like a; Wiki on Neoseeker, Wiki on Gamepedia, Wiki in French, Crafting Guide, and I’m sure there’s a lot more out there.

A lot of people post photos here using Imgur.com and Youtube for videos, but I’ve seen several other photo and/or video platforms work as well.

1 Like

I upload them to Imgur.com then link them.

Ya I should have mentioned that at the beginning; I tried that, but what’s the best way? I did a screenshot, put the shot in paint, saved it, but I can’t upload it to imgur for some reason. It’s still saved in a paint (.jpg) file, which might be the problem.

Thoughts?

Try Lightshot — screenshot tool for Mac & Win (Lightshot) with this you can frame in any area you want and upload to Imgur.
(Just click the hotkey youve assigned for it and drag a frame around the pic on your screen)

Windows 10 has built in snipping tool to do the same (Windows Key + Shift + S)

1 Like

The snipping isn’t the problem, the problem is getting the snipped picture into a format that I can post here. The Snipping Tool and Paint both save as a PNG file, and I can’t upload these either to Imgur nor to here to display, which is my problem.

You can copy paste the clipboard directly to imgur from the snipping tool.

I only upload .PNG files to Imgur so not sure why it’s not working for you.

Hhhmmm…I tried something, seems to be working in Imgur now. I’m used to uploading pics a different way.

Testing to see if I can get a picture here…

[https://imgur.com/qUrLIzM]

Hhhhmmmm…trying to get the picture to show, used hyperlink and upload, both get the hyperlink as above. I tried something manual, that didn’t work either. Is there a better way?

https://imgur.com/qUrLIzM

You can use the direct link (top right of the picture → copy link)

That way it will be visible in the forum directly

EDIT:

You need to use the direct link, that way you do not need to setup anything in the forum

Woot! TY! :slight_smile: I made that harder than is needed to be :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Now i will see some awesome guide! :smiling_imp:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.