Solution: Off-line characters losing stash materials, gold, faction progress

I wanted to place this here in General as opposed to Bug Reports so people can see it more clearly. I have had this massive problem where every time I play a character, the gold, items in stash, and faction points completely reset as if I never played the game. Character XP and monolith progress were fine, but having my stash reverted every session made the game actually unplayable. I saw a few bug reports sharing this particular issue and no responses on how to fix it, so I went looking for a solution.

The problem? In the file where the character saves are located (AppData/LocalLow/Eleventh Hour Games, so forth, there was a file called Epoch_Local_Global_Data, and for some reason, this file had not been updated since 2020. Deleting that file and starting up a game session created a new file of the same name; it appears now that I can place items in the stash, accumulate gold, and increase my faction points like normal.

This was a huge stumbling block, so I wanted to tell others what worked so that maybe more people can get to playing their off-line characters as well.

3 Likes