So, where are my golems? Runemaster is not what you advertised at all

I’ll definitely give it a shot, sounds like it could be cool.

As do the Primalist totems & the relic that summons a Merc. And the Spriggan form wisps.

1 Like

Mike already talked about some of these options and I can confirm, some of these look and play extremely cool.

There are two Invocations that put down a Antipode, that will do different things.

Antipode Invocations

One is casting Runebolt for you (with skill spec tree)

The other one is basically if you combine a Black Hole with a Nuke (after a short delay it sucks in the entire screen and then goes off)

If you combine the first option with the Node in Runebolt that puts down a Runestone that casts Runebolt instead, you can feel like the entire screen gets deleted while you cna freely run around.

There is so much more stuff like that as well, but you definitely should try it yourself.

1 Like

In case you haven’t gotten a chance to see this yet.

This thread has tragically revealed to me that we’re probably getting another PoE out of this game in its final state. Mage pet class or not, I’m not a fellow traveler with games that don’t get paid-for content expansions or sequels. The freemium ladder/season eternal-patching model esteems too lightly the legacy and memories people make growing up with and enjoying these games. It’s as though the past can be reworked or blotted out continuously; never allowing people to go back to a point in history and remember the good times they had with something from back then.

But hey, at least turrets on mage though. That’s something.

Not trying to be daft here but where did this come from?

First reply Mike_W made, right after mine. And just the general tenor about how the game is going to be updated. Doesn’t bode well.

You mean this? I think you’re misreading that or I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying. I don’t play PoE say I don’t have that as a reference point, but they’ve said for years that they intend to provide new content to the game for a long time. 2 extra masteries (at least) for each class. New areas. Extensions to the campaign. More end game components. Etc. I don’t see how that’s a bad thing?

I mean what happens after that. I’m not complaining about them finishing the current iteration of what the game is supposed to be. Hope that makes more sense.

Sort of but, they way I’ve taken it is that the two aren’t separate. That all that stuff is over the long haul (several big posts they’ve made talk about wanting people to be able to play they game for years to come.)

As I said, I really don’t have a reference point with PoE so it’s kinda hard for me to know what you mean by 'freemium ‘ladder/season eternal patching.’ Is this akin to Diablo 3s ladders and seasons? I think many aRPGs have that as a ‘feature’ these days. Are you looking for a game that’s more ‘complete’. Like say, they put out all of the stuff they have planned for the future and by like 2026 that’s all done and the game is ‘finished?’

1 Like

It’s one of those things where, all the old content is constantly getting invalidated by new content or changes to existing content and every time you play a season, you have to start a new character in order to get the new items and rewards faster than you would through normal play and trading with other players.

Think perpetual retroactive changes to content you liked the way it was.

(I’d start a separate thread about my thoughts on this, but it’s too depressing.)

Yup, one of us doesn’t understand the other and I don’t know which.

It’s extremely similar yea.

1 Like

I understand that what you are trying to explain is that you fear that your character will become obsolete when new content/season comes out.

Personally, in an ideal world, after the new season is over, i’d expect to be able to play the new content with my existing character on standard without upgrading 100% of its items because the new season brought an overpowered wave of new content.

If I understood you well, that’s a little bit how I feel as well. But, I would not be disappointed if that is not how it is. I would probably play less though because I would feel that I would not receive the same return on the time I invested in my character.

1 Like

There are a lot of people that complain about constant balance passes nerfing the builds they have invested in and like to play.

There are a lot of people that don’t like constant power creep through every few months new items and power entering the game. (sometimes making the gear they have accumulated not very good).

Both of those things come with the free2play/MTX/Seasonal style games. This is what keeps people playing constantly and wanting to purchase the MTX to fund the game.

The other option is what Grim Dawn does. They release DLC’s once in awhile, but the game remains mostly the same. People find builds they like and can be relatively sure it won’t be invalidated in 3 months. (There are extreme cases that do require a balance pass).

The downside to that is that the game gets stale without more frequent updates. If the game is deep enough, then you can get a huge number of hours of play out of it, and the DLC’s add hundreds more.

Just a couple different styles. I assume the Seasonal MTX funded games are more profitable.

1 Like

Mind you, @EHG_Mike has also said that his preference would ne for the new season/league content to be available to everyone without the need/requirement to restart a character to access it. Though whether that happens or not is a different kettle of fish.

1 Like

I think D3 did this after about season 10 or 11, wasn’t it? They originally had it so you had to play the season to get the new content, but I seem to recall somewhere along the way this changed to the content (that wasn’t season specific - like the seasonal buff thing they started doing). I might be misremembering because it’s been ages since I played d3.

I get power creep being a negative. That’s a huge turnoff. But I personally do sort of like the spice of new stuff being added as it does keep things somewhat fresh. I also don’t mind balances tweaks here and there. LE is the perfect example of this. Every time they’ve introduced a new mastery (or even just a skill for that matter) since Alpha it’s come with some innovative new ways to do things. This, by default, sort of means they have to figure out how to bring older stuff ‘up to speed’ as it were. In a sense I just think of it in terms of the game never being ‘done’.

Sometimes those adjustments mean something I liked goes away (moment of silence for Juggernaut skill :heart_eyes:) sometimes it’s something that means something really cool (like the introduction of passive nodes that have benchmark

boosts.)

I can eventually see LE getting to the point where it’s ‘finished’ and them needing to do the PoE style stuff but I realistically think that day is a long way off given we still have 3 masteries (well, two if you’re not counting Runemaster) to enter the fray and that’s JUST to get us to the point of the originally prescribed 15. With 2 more for each class beyond that there is loads of stuff for them to do just to fine tune the game itself.

Nope, the only thing they changed was being able to “rebirth” a non-season character into a season character (ie, keep the name, class, etc but all the rest of thr character data gets wiped.

Threshold.

2 Likes

Fixed it for you. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.