So, where are my golems? Runemaster is not what you advertised at all

Right, want to point me to the exact person I insulted?

Doesnt matter… If someone doesnt agree with your perspective or opinion, its preferable not to resort to phrases like that to describe them even indirectly. There are plenty of ways to say you disagree without resorting to phrases like that.

Been here for a long time and I am just offering my advice… Up to you to take it or leave it.

3 Likes

I’m not going to apologize to people who think that other people should not be allowed to make builds that they personally don’t care for.

But that’s already the case… except for Mage. I am of the thought train there’s no need, at this point, to exclude a single class from the playground. FFS, Rogue is a pet class – already, if you consider Ballista. And probably even moreso once Falconer is released. Unless Falconer just turns out to fire 40 different types of arrows, depending on the sequence of 3 arrows fired prior. Hi2U, Hawkeye!

1 Like

Exactly, the mage is the only class that has been excluded from the full rage of build options at this point.

1 Like

Then the game is already a worthless dumpster fire for these people, since 4 out of the 5 available classes already have ‘minion’ options.

So one thing that I recall being mentioned numerous times is that EHG actually intends to extend all of the base classes to 5 masteries (Mike often talks about the visual rings of the mastery layout already hints at this). In fact, he’s even said that Mage is one they already have a fourth idea for. So it’s very possible, the decided that the elemental-raising aesthetic was more appropriate in that fourth (or potentially fifth) mastery.

Sure that still means they’ve changed the original concept of Runemaster. And arguably, they probably wont’ give out more info about that 4th mastery idea they already have for Mage, but the potential is still there.

I’m personally going to play Runemaster when it drops to see what it DOES bring to the table, then I’ll have a better idea of strengths and critique.

Sure, I guess after waiting for three years to finally get the class I found most interesting out of the original class descriptions I might as well keep waiting for DLC to see if maybe they will add something that matches it then.

What you might do is propose it, and actually outline what some of the skills and specializations would look like. Make some graphics and maybe even draw what you’d want the golems or attack special effects to look like. That would be really cool. Even if they don’t use it, maybe you could inspire them to rethink not having a mage pet class.

3 Likes

I guess. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am 99%sure they don’t plan on doing DLC, so you might wait a long time.

I hope that changes, because if they plan on funding future content only through cash shop hoopla, it’ll have a not-so-great effect on the quality and nature of the game.

Full release is the way to go. You make the game, I buy it. End of transaction.

Poe is doing great and works with cashop only

PoE is not the kind of game I would want to play, and largely for the reasons I alluded to. (And I don’t.) I like Last Epoch. In fact, I prefer every game that uses the other model. No need to make another PoE, we already have one. I think one’s enough.

I think people are getting hung up on the term DLC. We will continue to add content regularly for everyone who has purchased the game. I think DLC implies an expansion style content where people pay for content that can split the player base.

I’m sorry you feel betrayed about the class not being what you expected. It is constantly evolving and I tried to spread the word this past year that runemaster wouldn’t have a pet as we initially thought. I’m sorry we weren’t clear enough on that.

6 Likes

Wait, is the Runemaster actually being released in September?

Yes (5 chars).

I appreciate the reply, though it doesn’t make it less disappointing. I’m just so freaking tired of how the only things you are ever allowed to summon in ARPGs are animals and undead. It’s like there is some kind of shadowy government agency that comes out when you start making an ARPG and says “Those are the only two aesthetics that are allowed for summoning, you have been warned!”

So, are there more mage subclasses in the works as future content? Maybe we can have an elemental summoner who can call forth giant elementals or swarms of tiny volatile ones, or maybe magic golems are not creatures with a will of their own but more like piloted suits that the mage puts on, so it’s like an arcane artificer class that transforms. There are a lot of possibilities.

The description with the golem is still up on the website right now by the way.

https://lastepoch.com/class/mage

1 Like

Why don’t you, as a company, change the mastery description on the game’s official website, a primary source of information for potential customers, then? It still holds the old, outdated, and at this point incorrect/misleading information even though the plans for the mastery seem to have changed a long time ago.

This kind of reminds me of the online-offline MTX issue, even though there was money involved in that case. Supporter packs contained MTX and they were available right away in the offline mode of the game. The shop or your website as a whole didn’t say anything about online-exclusivity once the online mode would be available. And then the online mode was released and suddenly the MTX, we paid for and that worked perfectly fine in offline, was gone from the offline mode, without being notified of that change, not even through the patch notes.

Manifest Armor, Forged Weapons and Ballistae say hold my :beers:

1 Like