So..nobody scared of the trading faction system/ah?

Not scared at all. A lot of thought was put into the system to make life as hard as possible for RMTers, and I’ll be playing SSF anyway.

Am I afraid that a completely different trading system will have the same problems that D3’s trading system had?

…No? Like, what.

1 Like

Nope.

I am curious to see how free traders respond to the inability to flip though. Most will know about it coming in but some may get frustrated.

1 Like

There have already been a few requests for EHG to ease up on that. I hope EHG sticks to their vision and does not allow reselling. It is an ARPG not an AMPG.

I was one who thought a VERY rare crafting mat to make one item re-sellable might be good. (There are other possible ways to do it) But that absolutely creates a potential problem with people and their friends using it to manipulate the market. And so in the end the negatives still outweigh the positives.

I’m almost certainly going SSF to start but I’m definitely going to keep an eye on trade and feedback for it.

1 Like

It’s in the announcement thread under the option called “FAQ”.

It’s really not rocket science.

Neither can SSF.

You should get more than twice as many, since the rank 7 doubles the chance then being at rank 7 also gives you a higher drop chance for stuff, more stuff = more t7 affixes. How much more we have no idea.

1 Like

Yes, but SSF can’t play with others or gift stuff to them as a result. SSF basically means you’ll be CoF (although you don’t actually have to, but that would be silly). But CoF doesn’t mean you’ll go SSF. In fact, I think the most elegant thing about CoF is that it allows you to play a sort of SSF with your friends.

I do have a certain amount of reservations but all we have seen so far points to a fairly healthy system that requires progressing your factions before getting full access to trading which in my opinion will curb a fair amount of botting. That is not to say it will completely eliminate it ( I don’t believe that is possible). It will have to be monitored constantly but I’m not super scared.

Items are not resallable, that’s one of the ways to avoid described problems.

I haven’t seen any info about dupes or infinite gold from the multiplayer patch, other than pure visual bugs. Game was in beta for many years, and new AH was tested by the community, so economy-breaking bugs are not probable.

Devs plan to detect bot behavior and ban them. The cost of entry to make a new bot account is 35$ plus the time to level the guild to even start trading. And I think it will take a really long time to farm items worth 35$ to make profits.

As for RMT sellers, it should be relatively easy to find them and access their services, otherwise they won’t get their profits. So the solution is simple, find them and deliver a ban. I will do RMT patrols for fun (and for a forum badge “RMT vanquisher” with a ban counter, please?). Plus there is a risk for a buyer to get banned too and lose their 35$ game.

I think the economy can still mess itself in 3 weeks because if inflation. I doubt that the gold sink dungeon will be popular enough to remove all the extra gold from the economy, while unresellabe items will always be in demand. So the prices will become very high after a while, but that’s not a huge deal, because farming items for sale will then become more profitable, balancing the economy.

This is already happening if u go on the games steam forms u can see the reactions of some free traders already.

For me as one that will be going MG on launch day. I actually like that u cant resell or flip items

2 Likes

Something like this i think would be a cool thing to have. Would still make it so players have to play the game vs play the market.

I would the suggest like u said a crafting mat or make it work like resonances. It just need to not be trade able

Any game has exploits, dupers, bots… Actually anything that the devs do or make, still, many of that kind of disgusting players will be there. :sweat_smile:

That would be giving a tool/goal for bots, though. If they can farm it enough, they can then play the market.

1 Like

Thats true.

1 Like

Since you can play SSF if trading scares you, I do not see any issues.

If you are even remotely comparing the two, then you truly have no idea diablo 3’s issues and the system in the last epoch combined with how loot works in it.

Diablo 3 issues stem from things that werent directly AH related. The loot itself was reletively weak. Class/skill balance was overly poor with the farming areas overly difficult on top of very low rates for the few good items there were.

Combine this with the diablo 3 AH involving real money, then you have a situation where majority of players felt the only real progression through the AH using real currency (or for the players with the time, cheesing through high level areas with a few very specific skills)

Last epoch is different in virtually all those ways. Items make you feel powerful, they aren’t extremely tedious to get. Theres many, many more builds that feel viable (maybe a little too viable, aka the difficulty for campaign and early monos a little too weak). And their AH does not involve real money directly, but also it does not have an exact easy route to trade or flip items.

Bots and RMT trade will exist in virtually any game that allows even a little trading of items players could reasonably want. It’s basically impossible to avoid.

But the TL;DR is the AH itself wasn’t the issue in d3. And last Epoch is different in all those ways.

2 Likes

So, where are your systems in place which make it very hard to exploit? :rofl:

What are you talking about? Item dupes and gold generation exploits have nothing to do with the core system of the factions and are rather on a technical level.

These were bugs and exploits using inintended behaviour.

The rest of the system is working great and I am sure they will fine tune it a bit more and next cycle will be a lot better. This is an ongoing process.

Nobody was talking about the “core system”. I dont care about “core system” if dupes and expolit make that system broken.

It would honestly be nice if both factions could be joined and shared favor and also expanded upon. MG Could have missions and CoF could have some scenarios to run. Obv CoF would have to prevent the fortune item from being sold on MG or something