So, how many concurrent players do you think the start of Cycle 1.1 will have?

We would be lucky if 70K people return as we are down to around 2k? Burn out heals but it does so slowly.

I am going to try content, on live. But moment it’s cleared moving to offline so I can make guides. Not in any rush to repeat rng simulator.

By week 3, we be lucky if we are at 15k:

1 Like

Not only is PoE down to 7k, but LE is probably higher than the 2.5k steam reports because steam won’t track people that play offline (as in fully offline mode).

That being said, I don’t expect anywhere near 1.0. There was a big hype, there were a lot of people that tried it and won’t return. And this would have been true even if LE was the best ARPG of all time. Many people just want to try the game and then they move on.
My guess would be 50-80k on launch, quickly falling off after 2-3 weeks.

If EHG keeps doing a good job (which, despite the critics, they have been doing, with the limited resources available) and LE keeps getting stuff added, the number will probably rise with subsequent releases.

4 Likes

For the record, I believe Steam will track people playing in offline mode, provided their computer is connected at all.
Obviously it won’t be able to track people completely offline (as in an entirely offline computer, not just offline LE), but I would think it is a very very small amount nowadays.

Don’t underestimate people playing Steam Deck while on the road or commuting or generally not connected to the internet

If you play the full offline client, you don’t even need to have steam open.
If you do have it open, it might track it. Not that hard to test, really. Just launch offline, see if it tracks your activity. If it does, it probably counts them.

No need to test, I know for a fact that it records my playtime even when I play offline.

1 Like

In that case it just won’t track when you don’t open steam or when you don’t have internet. Which I expect should make the reported number much closer to reality.

Either way, thinking about it, it should be irrelevant. People playing offline and not being tracked can be dismissed, since the success of the game (and it’s potential revenue) will come only from online players.

Don’t underestimate people playing Steam Deck while on the road or commuting or generally not connected to the internet

I have no idea. I’m going to predict they will at least hit 200k.

At the moment it does feel like it’s not a big enough update considering it will be five months since launch. It doesn’t help that D4 is stealing some of the good stuff

I do think most content creators for other ARPGs will return to try the pinnacle bosses.

I’d be shocked if it was under 200k concurrent peak though. It does seem unlikely to top the launch but who knows?

Yes. And not even all of them. From my memory, i not bought a MTX in a store on a pc game for 10?+ years. I dont imagine many would when its easy to mod games in offline and the game is on public game engine where full files are available and the tool kit to mod it os already download loadable

I think thats too high tbh.

1.0 was an exception it brought new players, old players, and kickstarter backers who hadnt played and were only interested in 1.0.

There is many people who just buy the games, try them out for one season then never play again, they “beat” the game after all, why would they start over?

So 200k just seems way to too high. 100k easy, maybe 150k, I just dont see 200k personally.

The game does not have enough steam yet to pull those kinda numbers.

It might spike to those numbers, but after a week or two, as long as we got 100k it’s golden

I don’t really care what the concurrent player would be, maybe around 70/100k would be great, it’s important for the health of the game, sure, but more important for the game I hope that can stay in the top 10/30 of the revenue chart for at least 2/3 weeks, and in the top 100 for at least a month, even Diablo 4 when is discounted on Steam go back in the top position of that chart, and we all know that very few people play D4 on steam compared to the player base of battlenet and console

1 Like

We’ll know soon enough. I’m also not sure when they said they are putting the game on sale.

It already is. It’s the summer sale steam holds every year and it’s already started.

ooo steam summer sale. time to waste some money, lol

80-100k av in first week with 120+ peak

I think the sale will only help their numbers

Record highs: 400,000,000 new players at least for 1.1 BET

1 Like

Quite a lot until POE next season is released.