Smoke bomb breaks lethal cadence

If you have the lethal cadence rogue passive which gives you extra bonuses on each third damaging skill but use smoke bomb at any time, the third strike bonus is effectively disabled until you use smoke bomb again. I also noticed that when you use smoke bomb, the lethal cadence counter goes up(smoke bomb isnt a damaging skill so it shouldnt count to lethal cadence) but even then it shouldnt completely break the passive. Testing on the dummy confirms this. If I throw a smoke bomb at any point, my dps goes down by half until I throw a smoke bomb again. I don’t need to throw the smoke bomb near the dummy for this bug to happen.

I tested this and I didn’t experience any loss of damage when dropping Smoke Bomb. Lethal Cadence was working correctly and my third strikes from damaging abilities were being boosted correctly. Can you post a screenshot of your Smoke Bomb tree?

As for Smoke Bomb procing Lethal Cadence, this is because Smoke Bomb it’s counted as an unique ability trigger. For example, the same interaction happens with Flow in Bladedancer where using Smoke Bomb would help with building up your combo. I believe the intention of this design is that can benefit from this by using it in a combo such as purposely cast it during the first or second stack and using a damage ability during the third.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.