Smite idol not dropping?

Hey, have been playing for around 35 hours on my void knight, and seem to be stuck in my build. Since i can’t get the smite on hit idols… is there a specally low drop for it? or just unfortunate? :smiley:

Hi and welcome to the forum,
You are just unlucky sorry ^^

Hey there, did you already have the Idol drop rate blessing for the respective idol type?
In this case Adorned Idol.

This will greatly increase the amount of idols of that type dropping, which will leverage the rng a little bit.

On top of that are you prioritizing Idol Echo Rewards?

Some idol affixes are a bit rarer than others, but I think they did increase the chance for these smite idol affixes a few patches ago.

They are still some of the rarer affixes.

Check if you have accidentally hidden them with loot filter. They are not so rare, so yea, probably just unlucky.

They also mentioned that they wanted to have some way to get the more build-enabling idols rather than just RNG.

But wouldn’t that just end up turning the game into some kind of [insert boogeyman] simulator?

1 Like

I’ve not seen a single one either for my fire paladin build…

It is very rare, the devs are aware of the frustration of build-enabling idols not dropping much.

On the bright side, one more month and you’ll have better tools to get those idols, either with trade or with CoF.

1 Like

So we’re playing a Never Seeing the Items You Want or Need simulator™…

1 Like

Bingo :wink:

No, that’s an entirely different game.

2 Likes

Yep, completely different.
You roll a number, then another one, hoping against very low odds the rolls will be in your favour 3, 4 times in a row.

Oh, wait…

Nope, somebody at the front picks balls out of a rotating cage & calls the numbers out while old people listen attentively while scanning several pieces of paper.

This does introduce an important question though: should LE have someone picking balls? Or maybe something else related to balls? And if so, should it be old people balls? The rotating cage should be optional, though (no kink shaming).

2 Likes

This is sounding dangerously close to having to select a Safe Word at character creation…

2 Likes

“When she keeps shouting flower but the safe word is flour”

1 Like